Good Games

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Either that... or... Mass Effect is the most overrated, badly made piece of superficial shite ever to pollute your hard drive.

But noone care about what you think as the only good games if we ask you is Thief, Homeworld and Stalker. Seriously mate, you need to open your eyes and stop being so negative. It's not a bad game, it really isn't. Get a grip!

Fair point. Tbh, even though I didn't like mass Effect, it sounds like 2 will fix the things that I didn't like, such as sucky combat and AI, and hopefully a better inventory system. And I do like space games :P

Max you might like Dragon Age or whatever it is. It's Bioware so it might be a bit like NWN.

Last edited:
But noone care about what you think as the only good games if we ask you is Thief, Homeworld and Stalker. Seriously mate, you need to open your eyes and stop being so negative. It's not a bad game, it really isn't. Get a grip!
I bought Mass Effect for the PC, and even though I loved it when I played it, I somehow never got into it, and I've never gotten more than 4-5 hours in. It's a bit of a shame really, maybe I'll try to pick it up again this weekend.

Mass effect aint a bad game, but it aint reaching the briliancy many people always claim it has.
I liked Kotor much more and i was even pretty disappointed after i finished ME. THe inventory is a bad joke, pistoles are useless and it sucks that you cant switch between the party members.
the settings overall bored me after some hours.

Last edited:
You should really try and play through it Menace, once you get sucked it it's.. "half-decent"!
Mass effect aint a bad game, but it aint reaching the briliancy many people always claim it has.
I liked Kotor much more and i was even pretty disappointed after i finished ME. THe inventory is a bad joke, pistoles are useless and it sucks that you cant switch between the party members.
the settings overall bored me after some hours.
Well, you'll have to accept it for what it is. A new take on the whole Star-wars-horse-beaten-to-death genre. Once you see the similarities and the differences you'll look at it a whole new way imo.

Did you play the Console version or the PC version? I think - by reading your post - that you played the console version because they redid the whole inventory system in the PC version and the button layout etc so you can assign skills to keys which was a bit frustrating in the console version how you had to bring up the action menu as soon as you wanted to do something else besides shooting. I'm running it through right now as a vanguard which means I'm focused on small guns (read: Pistols/Shotguns) and Biotics on the Hardcore difficulty (Insanity being one higher and the most difficult) and the pistol is awesome once you put some points into it. I don't know why you'd say the pistols are useless? Switch between partymembers? As in, in the middle of exploring or during combat? You couldn't do that in KotOR either iirc, nor in Neverwinter Nights or in Jade Empire. Switching during exploring and combat would make it boring imo the way you can always counter the enemy by having the right team.

Ah well, you lot are all entitled to your opinion but I think you people aren't giving it a fighting chance which is a shame.

End of rant, if you can call it that.

:]

Well, you'll have to accept it for what it is. A new take on the whole Star-wars-horse-beaten-to-death genre. Once you see the similarities and the differences you'll look at it a whole new way imo.
during my three times finishng it, i saw enough similarities and differences to get an idea what ME is all about..

Dont conclude that i rate Kotor higher because i am a die hard Star Wars fan. I am not. I even dislike most Star-Wars films.
Like i said ME is not bad, but not a 90+ title. Personally i would give it a 80 out of 100.
There are just too many design failures and redundant parts (all buildings and planets are basically the same) and driving with the lunatic bouncing vehicle is the prototype of annoyingness, to be labeled as a perfect game for me.

I.e. Since ME i cant see elevators anymore. Aaaahhhhh
They travel millions of lightyears withing minutes, but cant manage to build an elevator that travels faster than 10 km/h? :nono:
(i know that those elevator phases were needed to load the next stages into the RAM caused by the developing thegame for consoles, but that doesnt make it better)

Did you play the Console version or the PC version? I think - by reading your post - that you played the console version because they redid the whole inventory system in the PC version and the button layout etc so you can assign skills to keys which was a bit frustrating in the console version how you had to bring up the action menu as soon as you wanted to do something else besides shooting.
i played the PC version. WIth inventory i meant the insane amount of things you get and the crazy micromanagment you*ve to do, to keep it overview- and usable.
Also you get too many useless upgrades. Seriously, i cant count how much upgrades i transformed to gel to have atleast some free spots.

I'm running it through right now as a vanguard which means I'm focused on small guns (read: Pistols/Shotguns) and Biotics on the Hardcore difficulty (Insanity being one higher and the most difficult) and the pistol is awesome once you put some points into it. I don't know why you'd say the pistols are useless?
Where's the benefit of using pistoles or even the shotgun?
The pulse rifle is powerful and you can kill every enemy with it easily.
So you dont even have to change the weapon at all.

imho all other weapons are quite nonesense.

Switch between partymembers? As in, in the middle of exploring or during combat? You couldn't do that in KotOR either iirc,
in Kotor you are able to control every partymember indivdually...even in battles. In some fights and in some cases that was pretty handy.
Personally i miss this feature pretty much.

End of rant, if you can call it that.
cant see any "rantish" aspects in your posts. Sadly some kids here see different views on a subject as somekind of ranting :P

Fair enough.

I can't use Sniper/Assault Rifles at all as I can't put points into them. The aim takes up the whole screen and I can't zoom in which makes them useless to me and to be honest, the Pistol/Shotgun combo does the trick, if they get too close just knock them down/lift/push or whatever, 'tis alreeet! Besides, makes you think differently in the encounters whereas with points into Assault Rifle you can just rush in head first and wtfpwn people, got repetative and boring after a while :P

I really don't have any issues with the MAKO, it's a smooth ride for me, maybe it's different between the versions? I mean, sure, it was difficult to get a grip of in th beginning but it's ok now.

They're fixing the planets/elevators in ME2. Every planet will have it's own unique feel and look aswell as unique quests etc so instead of a few "main-quest planets" you'll have tons and tons of unique planets to visit.
I don't really know how they're changing the elevator mechanics but the load times have been significally lowered from what I'v heard.

They must've done something right though if you play through it 3 times despite the fact that you think it's an "80" game. I, personally, would never play through a ame I feel is 80/100 three times, but maybe that's just me :D

80/100 is good. and i play through every good game (which i bought) atleast 2 times, to get all details.
i played the third time, because i wanted to test the free addon and deleted my previous savegames.
So the number is nothing strange for me.Real epic games (HL, FF7, etc) i finished many many more.

the vehicle is ok when you've a smooth planet, but some are very edgy with high mountains and then it's stupid to bounce back & force just to get ressources.

Anyway, heard rumours about ME2 aswell, i'm sceptical. Wouldnt be the first time that developers promise corrections, but didnt do what they said before.

Prolly we should stop that. before Saus gets really mad