8 new (?) tricks...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
I was bored so I made up some tricks. Some are better and more useful than others, but as far as I know they're all original. Watch in HQ or they look like shit:

=.=.=.=.=.=.=

AutoRIP Nest Jump

About as practically useful as a chocolate banjo, but still quite leet :P Amaze your friends, astound your enemies, and finally get comboed by four objective campers who can't see the point.

===

Ballistic Nest Jump

Oooo, far more useful. Prolly only for 2v2 though and you need to get a move on once you've hit the button.

===

Bridge Lift Jump

Dunno why I never saw or heard of anyone doing this, but it's only slightly more difficult than the one on the other side. Plus if you're lucky you can get up with only one hammer, though this is so tough as to be almost impossible.

===

Desolate Guard Room Jump

Very Bunny Track, very easy, very hard for an opponent to stop once you've started it. I used to do a backwards hammerjump but it makes it 10 times more difficult, so do it this way. Nothing amazing, just quite fun.

===

Desolate Guns Jump

Again nothing earth-shattering, but harder than my amazingness makes it look.

===

Golgotha]l[AL Water Jump

Imagine a std match: one player goes straight to the bridge in the water, a second one picks up the vials and follows him there before the rest have even got Gates. Both players jump out of the water, one launches the other to a quick Hurons Sword. Let me know how it works out cos I cba trying.

===

Golgotha]l[AL Temple Jump

By far my favourite - very leet and virtually impossible to stop or even to spot until it's too late. Managing this one is like climaxing on a sheep, and I would know.

===

Siege][ Left Tower Jump

Mainly about the alt-hammer from the lift, but if you do the other two bits it's pretty cool too :bounce:

===

So, maybe not all brilliantly useful in matches or pugs, but I made no promises so f*ck you.

When you say original, I assume you're reffering to the action of recording each particular passage of play and then putting it on youtube? As in that instance, yes, well done Einstein!

However, if you meant the jumps themselves... you numpty. Desolate Final is about as old an obvious as MyM slapping someone with a dildo. Siege again, where have you been?! Except in a very cold and poorly lit country. Desolate Guard Room looks like you were trying something more interesting, but A) fucked it up, and B) realised from where you were standing, to where you were trying to go, was a straight line, in a square room, so went via the corner! What are you?! A satnav?!

Yes, I know there are more videos than that, but most of them are for maps I am still pretending don't exist.

Never ever seen that Siege alt-hammer done! Ever :shout: Or either Deso one. Meh I knew some of em would be old but thank you for the supportive comments. And I'm still waiting for my Mym dildo.

Incidentally, just realised that you can do the Golg water jump from a spot around by the low Sword stairs, if you're prepared to swim for that long (or get double hammered across the water from the start).

Riv, re. the Golg temple one:

[00:51] <Riv> that 1
[00:51] <Riv> is actually
[00:52] <Riv> useful

And he normally likes NOTHING

Was done either by mic or wish vs me in a league match or pug years ago when the map was only a few months(?) old. Well it was when I started going inactive. Must have been 2004?? When did the map come out? Anyway:
I think I didn't really see him do it
but knew what he must have done. So I 3rdpersoned my demo and saw the beginning of what he was doing, was like wtf, then tried for ages... and made it like once out of 20 attempts. I think this is one is a)
incredibly well made up and b) hard as fuck to pull off even on an emtpy server... let alone in a match... really crazy trick... i think it was mic. dunno if he came up with it himself (did you?). gotta say respect.
(( to defend my anti-amazingness here: in this part of the map with my amd xp 1800+ and voodoo5 I have like 10fps or something ))

Bridge Lift Jump
this one was shown to me by...
psy. no shit. i think he said that the only one else whom he had told about the trick was mc.
it is harder there but is not thaaaaat hard. well the wallbugs there are worse than on the other side :D.
I think I was always doing it with 3 hammers against the wall?
lemme check. [edit] no 2 hammers as well. and the demo was recorded on the aak clanserver, so :D[/edit]
oh and I hate you for giving it away before I could show it in my movie
(which I have not even started yet and which I am planning to make since 2003 already)

Ballistic Nest Jump
neat

Desolate Guard Room Jump
cool as well imo

of course mush has a point as well ( and his post is funny as hell :thumb: )
all in all nice post useless. funny, entertaining and making me wanna start this game again.

Last edited:
Good job on those :thumb: especially the golgotha3AL ones :p:

I might try the desolate ones in pug see if they are of any use.

Last edited:
Hardcore said:
Was done either by mic or wish vs me in a league match or pug years ago when the map was only a few months(?) old. Well it was when I started going inactive. Must have been 2004?? When did the map come out? Anyway:
I think I didn't really see him do it
but knew what he must have done. So I 3rdpersoned my demo and saw the beginning of what he was doing, was like wtf, then tried for ages... and made it like once out of 20 attempts. I think this is one is a)
[/COLOR]incredibly well made up and b) hard as fuck to pull off even on an emtpy server... let alone in a match... really crazy trick... i think it was mic. dunno if he came up with it himself (did you?). gotta say respect.
(( to defend my anti-amazingness here: in this part of the map with my amd xp 1800+ and voodoo5 I have like 10fps or something ))

m1c was the first (and only) person (except Useless now, lol) I saw using this trick, and yes it was m1c who did it against you:P (I fail it like 9/10 times lol).

He first did it to me when we were playing a 1v1 AS for fun and I was like WTF, he wouldn't tell me what he did but the demo revealed it :D

Never saw anyone else do it except m1c and its a really nice trick when you can consistently do it, which he can.

Last edited:
For some reasn vids on wegame.com don't work for me...

You can only embed youtube vids with the youtube tag.

Nice tricks though Useless.

wish, the 4th ripper in my movie is also a headshot ripper and is more effective since your left side, at least, is protected, so you won't die as quick from defenders coming out of the fort teleport.

The 4th ripper im talking about is the only one from the far side of the lift that try to do sniperless but the success rate isnt that high even if it's 1 hit 1 kill.

m1c was the first (and only) person (except Useless now, lol) I saw using this trick, and yes it was m1c who did it against you:P (I fail it like 9/10 times lol).

He first did it to me when we were playing a 1v1 AS for fun and I was like WTF, he wouldn't tell me what he did but the demo revealed it :D

Never saw anyone else do it except m1c and its a really nice trick when you can consistently do it, which he can.

got 1 or 2 mega nice demos of it with d1ngd0ng afterwards finishing it in a match aswell :D gotta find it later ;)
btw my successrate is only about 50%, w1sh :P

about: Golgotha]l[AL Temple Jump
we were thinking of it long time ago to get 2 players swim around all the castle from start (right side) and do this waterhammerjump near sword,
get the rockets from 2nd defenders spawn to launch upwards, but it fails too often, so we never rly tried it :D

about: Desolate Guard Room Jump
looks nice BT style :D i used to to it alt hammer and just "sneak" to it lol

about: Desolate Guns Jump
Back in first iac (2004 or 2005) I tried to show my teammates that we could set a single hammer from there, which is kinda unseeable if theres no defender at the stairs, but they didnt understand it for some reason
(n00bs ;( )[/soiler]

about: Bridge Lift Jump
watch my movie "trix n frax" of 2003. :P

all in all some nice stuff, the only "new" one is the autorip one imo

The golgotha water jump I also pulled off once in a match, I think against TNT. The only thing was the gates went immediately so by the time I hammered out by the sword, the rest were on their way anyway :lol:

Started doing that trick in 2005 and SNY saw me doing it also, we included it in tacs once.

i think it was mic. dunno if he came up with it himself (did you?)

Came up with all of em right off the top of my own brain, which explains a lot. Not much point posting tricks I saw someone else do once, that's not rly me inventing em then :coolfip:

Thx for comments, just trying to keep this section alive :D Pity about the Golg Temple Jump, I honestly thought I was the first to find it but I shoulda known. You ppl are too good for me lol.

Feel free to add more :thumb: :bounce:

Last edited:
by the way useless, it is possible to single hammer yourself from the top of the ballistic wall to the sniper nest, you only have to lose 54 health not 108

neat ricks, all new to me. yes that doesnt mean anything :P
When you say original, I assume you're reffering to the action of recording each particular passage of play and then putting it on youtube? As in that instance, yes, well done Einstein!

However, if you meant the jumps themselves... you numpty. Desolate Final is about as old an obvious as MyM slapping someone with a dildo. Siege again, where have you been?! Except in a very cold and poorly lit country. Desolate Guard Room looks like you were trying something more interesting, but A) fucked it up, and B) realised from where you were standing, to where you were trying to go, was a straight line, in a square room, so went via the corner! What are you?! A satnav?!

Yes, I know there are more videos than that, but most of them are for maps I am still pretending don't exist.
:lol:

Hmm I'll need to try that. I always thought it was too long.

it has to be a backdodge hammer though and it's hard to pull off but it is possible, done it twice in about 20-30 tries