Forts Of Time Volume 1 map pack released!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hostile

May 21, 2007
The TimeWarp Crew has released FoT IV for your enjoyment.
The first installment, vol1 has been released at Nalicity, with promise of a second, vol2 in a few weeks.
Vol1 features three assault maps, with two DM, and one small DOM as a bonus. This map pack was intended for Assault only, but we felt it better to have mixed gametypes for a broader audience in the end. We feel these maps blend together nicely.
Since the file size was unreasonably large with only Assault, we were forced to package a mix in two parts.
It contains 6 maps by 5 authors:

AS-FoT-Mothership by Derdak2Rot
AS-FoT-OceanRunner by Hostile
AS-FoT-OrionsCursePart1 by FraGnBraG
DM-FoT-Hian by Cooloola
DM-FoT-Metallicide by XYZ8000
DOM-FoT-SandFlea by Hostile

Also includes:
HourKraden_ut
Support files for Eavy AssaultBonusPack418 and ShockSystems SteelPak
(not including the Eavy umod or AS map files)

The three assault maps may be a little daunting at first, but feel they will give you a better experience once you have explored the layouts a few times.
If they were easy, then where is the since of adventure?
For those that do not like assault, we have also included two fine DM maps, DM-FoT-Hian by Cooloola, which is dripping with atmosphere, and DM-FoT-Metallicide by XYZ8000, with it's frantic gameplay.

We hope you enjoy our works!
The TimeWarp crew.

Link:http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=9793
SS

Attachments

• FortsOfTimeVol1-Promo2.jpg
    FortsOfTimeVol1-Promo2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 76
OMG :eek:! Sshots looks great ... arm ... first: welcome at UTA. Second: huge thnx for this link!

Downloading ...

wow just wow

ive played the 3 as maps and if they are actually playable 6v6...... just omg

they are by far THE prettiest assault maps ever made, all those that look pretty in our league dont even barely compare to these maps

playability is a factor very important factor but with these graphics..... wow, it feels like UT2k4 in ut99

good job!

Yeah they look really nice however:

1 - AS-FoT-Mothership - Weird map :P luckily you put those green arrows there :lol:
2 - AS-FoT-OceanRunner - cool replacement for Frigate :thumb: but amp for defense? lol
3 - AS-FoT-OrionsCursePart1 - really confusing and complex map. Never seen any like this one before. This is not real AS map but some hide-and-seek. Way to many ways, tunnels, lifts and pickups. Promo on vials? ;) I also noticed an FPS drop down in some places but this was expected tbh. Map look great and it's very complex compared to other maps i played but ... is it playable?

I hope we could poke MyM to put then on a pug server and try them in 6vs6.

Other thing that worries me a bit. There are tons of movers of any kind. I'm affraid it may lag like hell in online playing but again all maps needs some proper 6vs6.

Out of curiosity how much time you guys spent making those 3 AS maps?

the maps look awesome eyecandy-wise

those guys did a great job!!

BUT

they aren´t palayable in league and never will be
they are to complicated...

+
some of u moan about the fps in bioassault at the harbor

those guys will get the same problems with those maps
i just spoted a place with 800+ nodes
that´s more than in bio at the harbor :x

edit:

the maps would own in MH :D

Last edited:
Hello all, and thank you for the warm welcome. :D
We started this pack about 10 months ago. Of coarse there were other projects, so they took normal times to build. I'm afraid they might not be playable online? I have tested OceanRunner for online. I have optimized as best I could as did the others with their maps. In OceanRunner, there are several things that will disappear, like the 2nd heli, and submarine. Also the mover skybox will go to a more simple skybox. So hopefully they will do ok. For those of you that like to play instagib I have also tested OceanRunner for it as well. I haven't had a chance to look at the others maps for testing.
The team, and I would like to know how they do online if any of you get the chance.
We put alot of love in our maps, and are glad to share them with you. ;) hope you have a good experiance with them.

Hostile

Yo for real, I remember going to your forums and reppin' my homies at UTAssault.net. Word son, mad respect to you and your crew.

Well, Mothership was pretty good, a bit complex and not fit for the league (no offense, but we've got ridiculous standards which only GRZ has been able to repeatedly satisfy :nag: but seems like a really fun (and confusing) map.. the end is really great though I think, lots of launch and hammer jump potential!

OceanRunner kept giving me general protection faults... but it looked very nice :thumb:

OrionsCurse.. just WOW!!!!! What an amazing-looking map, I cannot fathom how much effort you guys must have put into that, the end scene is truly jawdropping. This map has a decent amount of launch potential, but again a little bit confusing and a bit spam-potential, but it ran well and as I said, overall it was just awesome in every sense of the word.

All these maps are just visually terrific and show what can be done with UED, you guys deserve a lot of respect for these maps!

Big up yoself.

well gj on visuals, this league lacks playable maps and i am afraid these nice maps will just disappear into thin air within weeks because lack of playability. But great effort, maybe you should have collaborated a bit more with the league before putting out the pack, i just hope that your effort hasnt gone to waste.

Anyone who makes new assault maps is a good thing. Not all maps will work for league maybe, but that doesn't stop them being put on public servers at least. I mean we have PlaneShifter which is about as weird and big as you can get.

Well well, it's always good to see experienced mappers know what to add in & do to make the maps as best as they should be (visually anyways) as I have seen a few over the years. But to many here who may not know or recall, one of the maps names struck me a being very familiar (even in one of the screenshots). So I looked at what I had & there it was, an earlier version done 3 years ago of AS-FoT-OrionsCursePart1 [but it was named AS-(BETA2)OrionsCursePart1, although in game instead of BETA2, it says CTC]! I just went to play it offline & see who the author was (as shown in the screenshot when you pick the maps) & if it's the huge & complex one I remembered from long ago. Well it is & from the same guy: Rob-=FraGnBraG=-Burns! Man, never thought a final version was going to be done. :lol:

Btw, nice little vid called LoL... funny thing that was. :spit:

Last edited: