hammer launch

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Aph3x

Aug 22, 2007
Andorra
Hi, i'm a noob and i've been playin some public servers.

I noticed some guys launching with hammer in overlord. I tried to launch myself, but if the guy jumps on my hammer he flies to the left or right but not up!!
What am i doing wrong?

Gtrz Aph3x

you have to set it first...

aim a little above where you want them to go. do this with 2 times rightmouse click, after that you hold left mouse... it need some practice, it'll come soner or later ;)

:wave:

Change weapon to hammer, aim straight up if you want to launch some one as high as possible, press alt fire (right mouse button) then hold primary fire (left mouse button).

A tip: If you look up a bit when you are about to launch then players can stand right infront of you and below your hammer without getting launched until they jump up and hit your hammer. This way they won't have to time their jump and it will work everytime. Almost everybody keeps the hammer horizontal because they haven't been schooled in ]UAS[ :P

A tip: If you look up a bit when you are about to launch then players can stand right infront of you and below your hammer without getting launched until they jump up and hit your hammer. This way they won't have to time their jump and it will work everytime. Almost everybody keeps the hammer horizontal because they haven't been schooled in ]UAS[ :P

no 1 has the time to "stand" below a hammer these days :eyeroll:

no 1 has the time to "stand" below a hammer these days :eyeroll:

You don't have to stand still, only difference is that you can if you want to.
It is better because... Ok, lets say you set a normal hammerlaunch on AS-Bridge just outside cave, the first one that everbody knows. Now if you keep it horizontal, some running HJ's will make it and others won't because of lag or didn't time it right BUT if you look up a bit then they won't hit your hammer until they HJ, they can even run into you (looking down of course) and then hammerjump. There for it's a better way to launch.

Same thing on overlord. If you keep it set like that even a 300 pingers can make up while running because the don't risk running into your hammer, all they gotta do is get close to you and jump up.

To hammer launch is relatively simple. Take your hammer and secondary fire in the exact direct you want to send someone (this can also be refered to as 'priming'). Sometimes you need to aim a bit higher: Practice to learn how best to set :) Then charge your hammer (also known as 'setting') and wait for someone to jump in to it :)|

Good luck!

lmfao 5 ppl saying something that has already been said just to show what 1337 launches they are!

btw .. to hammer launch aim secondary ... LOL!

richt met de alternatieve functie iets boven waar je je teamgenoot heen wilt sturen en dan houdt de primaire funtie vast totdat diegene tegen je aan loopt of springt

lol i did it in dutch cause he is from belguim :P

hopfully from flanders and not that french part where people like virus_z come from :o

lmfao 5 ppl saying something that has already been said just to show what 1337 launches they are!

5? And with "show what 1337 launches they are" I can only find my comment about UAS in my first post to come close to that. Everyone else are just trying to help, nothing wrong with that.

First off: I only replied here because I felt that sausje's answer wasn't clear enough about aiming and I remembered my own first attempts setting that launch on overlord.
Secondly: The comment about UAS was a joke because we were known to launch a lot and YES we were good at it :fingers:
Thirdly: You didn't find it funny? Ironically those are the kind of jokes you keep making yourself lol.

yes u can

i found that on a site couples years ago, don't remember link :(

Hammerjumping
Aliases[#]=(Command="jump | fire",Alias=jumpfire)

<key>=getweapon impacthammer | onrelease jumpfire | onrelease switchtobestweapon

This lets you do a small hammerjump (hammer not fully loaded). Just press the key, hold it and point the hammer at the ground, then release the key. It is not as high as the real hammerjump, but it is easy to time and is high enough to do the most useful hammerjumps (to the sub in CTF-November, from the red flag in CTF-EternalCave, …)

To do a full height hammerjump, use:

Aliases[#]=(Command="onrelease jump",Alias=releasejump)

<key>=Fire | releasejump

Last edited:
yes u can

i found that on a site couples years ago, don't remember link :(

Hammerjumping
Aliases[#]=(Command="jump | fire",Alias=jumpfire)

<key>=getweapon impacthammer | onrelease jumpfire | onrelease switchtobestweapon

This lets you do a small hammerjump (hammer not fully loaded). Just press the key, hold it and point the hammer at the ground, then release the key. It is not as high as the real hammerjump, but it is easy to time and is high enough to do the most useful hammerjumps (to the sub in CTF-November, from the red flag in CTF-EternalCave, …)

To do a full height hammerjump, use:

Aliases[#]=(Command="onrelease jump",Alias=releasejump)

<key>=Fire | releasejump
I think he meant launch and not jump :rolleyes:

hmm .... i'm not sure what you mean ... do you mean hammer launch or what?

:rolleyes: