Triple hammer / rocket+hammer launches...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
While I was meant to be working, I was thinking instead. Next time you read in a British paper about chaos in the NHS, it may indirectly be my fault.

Anyway, I wanted to ask about a couple of launch ideas and whether they're feasible.

1 - Triple hammer-launches:

Say you set a typical double-hammer launch which a third player would dodge into, but the double propels them into another single-hammer, which is set for height, while the double was set for distance. Would this significantly boost the launchee, so that he gets double-hammer distance + single-hammer height? Or is there an upper limit on boosts for launches?

2 - Rocket+hammer-launches:

Similar thing: if you rocket-launch a player forwards, so that they pass through a double-hammer launch, how much of an effect would this have? Lots or none at all? Obviously the rockets would have to not hit either of the hammer-launchers farther forwards.

Might be interesting to experiment with this - imagine rocket-launching a player from the Siege cave to the tower by r/ling them through a double-hammer set for height. Or maybe none of this would work out and I'm one stupid post away from the sack.

:hide:

Rocket + hammer launches are extremely hard to do, but it is possible to get Seige in just a few seconds with that trick. The problem is the hammer-setters are often hit in order to do it right :x

Triple set... why don't you just have three people set in the same place to get the same effect? There's a semi-common cave launch on Bridge where three people set to get straight to the detonator. Most places it wouldn't be practical to launch two people into another hammer which is further away because of the great deal of air control required, and because of the fact that the majority of places there isn't proper space to do that.

Well, one idea I had was in Siege (could be any number of places but there's one I had in mind).

Set a double-hammer launch underneath the wooden walkway, just at the pads under the Dark launch spot, set hammers straight up. Another launcher sets to same spot but stands above the double-hammer-launch, on the wooden platform. Launchee jumps into double and also hits single on his way up. Would also work terrific from the shock rifle if the single launcher stands on the crenellations.

we already tested quad launches, but it didnt boost further or higher than a triplehammerlaunch

I am not sure there is a limit however 1 funny moment in a pug last week: we were attacking bridge detonator with about 10 seconds left and I had no chance of making it so I ran across bridge tryna cover with shock. Someone came out ready to do a hammer jump... I boosted him 0.00001 second before he released hammer and he then hit hammer on floor and it boosted him over the wall at the back. :rofl: I think if you do things perfect there are no limits.

5 launchers, and one self hammer on Siege - I think DoG can be the only clan who have practiced this, and even once attempted it in a match (demos must be somewhere)? :P

As for rocket launching into a hammer launch; I don't think the gain is worth the hassle of trying to set this up.

we did a quintuple-launch in siege :cool:

set 5 hammers in middle tower (2 on 1st floor, 3 on 2nd floor... one of these can do a 45deg angle) and have the launchee hammerjump straight up and alt-hammer against the tower for a successful launch :D

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

ze pro shit! we even tried it in a match sometime!

edit: lol @ weirdo :D

I think we managed to get it so no alt was required in the end, and actually get some decent height over the tower. :cool:

Man we could waste some time!

Quad launch > triple launch, ~dzz~ tested this the other day on a map I'll not disclose, since we're actually gonna try to use it in a match :rofl:

The best place to use a rox + hammer is for Seige right tower portal launch, that's probably the most practical and doable :D

Well, one idea I had was in Siege (could be any number of places but there's one I had in mind).

Set a double-hammer launch underneath the wooden walkway, just at the pads under the Dark launch spot, set hammers straight up. Another launcher sets to same spot but stands above the double-hammer-launch, on the wooden platform. Launchee jumps into double and also hits single on his way up. Would also work terrific from the shock rifle if the single launcher stands on the crenellations.

I've tried this before and it took so long i got pissed off and stopped. You keep getting blown away from the tower by the rockets and its hard to predict where. But then again, i thought that launching through right tower teleport to the roof on siege was impossible but now I can do it easy so its just practice i guess.