Improvements for PUG

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
1. ban all skaarj, nali, cow xan mark][, warboss skins, atm force default models doesnt work properly for every1, for example the skaarj skin looks like its constapating when it dodges, it does the same animation when it ducks, so u dont know wheere to aim. the cow skin is just as annoying, its like hard to launch as well.

2. Ban people who spam taunts 24/7

3. ban people who spam LOLOLOL 24/7, some people are now muting enemy because of it

mainly stop use of those noob skins they are buggy and doesnt hep the experience in any way.

Just start banning ppl and others will soon stop being idiots 2, dont be afraid to do it gj!

1. ban all skaarj, nali, cow xan mark][, warboss skins, atm force default models doesnt work properly for every1, for example the skaarj skin looks like its constapating when it dodges, it does the same animation when it ducks, so u dont know wheere to aim. the cow skin is just as annoying, its like hard to launch as well.

3. ban people who spam LOLOLOL 24/7, some people are now muting enemy because of it

mainly stop use of those noob skins they are buggy and doesnt hep the experience in any way.

Just start banning ppl and others will soon stop being idiots 2, dont be afraid to do it gj!

wow my name wasn't mentionned :lol:

I totally agree with the full content of XB's post :thumb:

gay skins are.... gay

and the lol's that completly fillup the chat for 20 seconds or more can indeed be a fucking pain in the ass esp when your captain types a portion of the strats or all of em....

I also agree with much of what x-bomb said.

One other thing I have found with skins that are forced to default, is that team mates can appear as the same colour as the enemy and with several team mates using the same skin, it would just get stupid.

Imo, although "force default models" fixes problems like the enemy having a skin where there is no physical marker for the hs zone (i.e. cow skin), the many bug side effects are just too great and the skins really need to be banned outright. I know I won't be playing another pug until they are.

p.s. taunts can be turned off from the in-game audio options - I used to turn them off before most pugs started myself.

Last edited:
further improvments: remove some gay maps like coldersteel
remove time bug.. only happens on pugserver

That's a nice list you got there XB. Maybe we could add

4. ban people who deliberately pick an arrangement of crappy maps, just because of a personal conflict, screwing up the fun for most of the people.

Maybe also if it would be possible to implement a feature that sets the bot to autocap after 3 mins or so?

yeah some ctf pickups have force captain if nobody volunteers in certain amount of time, this requires editing the pugbot itself tho so it might not be too easy to add

If you aren't willing to cap then you shouldn't sign up really. All you have to do is pick a team and some maps. So what if you ain't with your mate/clan mate? it only one game.

You can't edit the pugbot, so any suggestion that requires that is immediately rejected.

Time bug is down to the bot somehow so can't be fixed although really shouldnt happen very often if at all anymore.

Coldersteel is my map choice so good luck getting that removed, was either that or rocketcommand, you really dont have to pick it if you dont like it! and for the amount of times its picked I cant see why anyone complains its not taking up another maps place.

Custom skins such as Skaarj, Cow and Boss have been removed, itll default your skin to soldier if you join with one.

:spam: = :ban:

:thumb:

I'm seriously sick of spamming spectating idiots trying to kill reporter bot which in the end leads to lagging the server and of course no way to read anything except for LOL for active pug players.
There will be no excuses for this. You'll spam you'll be banned and i'll try to force at least i repeat AT LEAST 48 hours ban for this if no other methods works.
If you #care then even better. Don't come and #crai that you're banned if you did that kind of shit. Same with flooding irc channel. Excuses like "bot banned my by mistake" ..... just no comment.

Last edited:
:spam: = :ban:

:thumb:

I'm seriously sick of spamming spectating idiots trying to kill reporter bot which in the end leads to lagging the server and of course no way to read anything except for LOL for active pug players.
There will be no excuses for this. You'll spam you'll be banned and i'll try to force at least i repeat AT LEAST 48 hours ban for this if no other methods works.
If you #care then even better. Don't come and #crai that you're banned if you did that kind of shit. Same with flooding irc channel. Excuses like "bot banned my by mistake" ..... just no comment.
but still ur a cunt and need to suck my balls tonight. i wont wash them!

Anyway, yes remove those gimpy skins, and as for the spamming, sometimes its a good laugh and i dont see why anyone would need to mute for it (its just a couple of seconds, doesnt hurt u now does it). But who cares, lets not spam then. :(

Last edited:
I don't really play pugs at all, but is there any sort of pug schedule or whatever? I dunno much about it, so is it just played whenever there are enough willing players in the channel? I seem to miss games whenever I do try to sign in, since I dunno when tf the things start etc.