Questions about the IAC

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

play 5v5, easier for lot of teams + bit of varierty from stdAS

Although I like that idea I don't know if everyone does. If you'd like to make a poll on the topic feel free - I'm not going to be the guy to suggest it.

An easy way would be also where one has the IP they use, since most players are within the country they're living in or next to. But if they got a legit reason to play for another country (if the one they're in say has enough to field at least a sizable team), then it may be ok (admin discretion).

Although I like that idea I don't know if everyone does. If you'd like to make a poll on the topic feel free - I'm not going to be the guy to suggest it.

can you not find someone to borrow some balls off of? Just for the good of the league while your "running" the iac.

my iac question: why is mush talking bullshit?

hes not talking bullshit, he just wants an admin to make tough decisions, suggest things people may not like, and stick to the rules, whoevers involved, whether it makes you unpopular or upsets your friends. Like the league admins tend to do.

smant did a nice job so far so u better stop moaning. why are u not an admin then? and the nationality thingy will get sort out..

Yeah, are one of the admins going to answer my question btw or just ignore it coz its scary? :p:

I think it is a valid issue tbh and i bet quite a few ppl would like an answer and/or explanation :)

Yeah, are one of the admins going to answer my question btw or just ignore it coz its scary? :p:

I think it is a valid issue tbh and i bet quite a few ppl would like an answer and/or explanation :)

Sorry I saw your question as more of a statement actually and didn't think it needed replying to. My apologies.

This is a losing situation for us no matter what. If we do enforce the rules (which so far I've been doing as best I can) people will complain that the small countries can't field teams. If we don't enforce them people will complain that people aren't playing for their countries.

Ideally I'd like to get some people recruiting people from different communities and playing in the league - there are still a ton of people who haven't signed up who can play for those countries who haven't got full teams yet. Sit tight and relax a little and wait till it's over to deal with this problem.

Hmm :rolleyes:

Well, your choices smant. I dont think im going to be involved in this anyway and i respect your efforts to get this thing rolling in the first place so do as you think is best :)

yours

a rather unconvinced gazzy ;)

Hmm :rolleyes:

Well, your choices smant. I dont think im going to be involved in this anyway and i respect your efforts to get this thing rolling in the first place so do as you think is best :)

yours

a rather unconvinced gazzy ;)

Thanks for being so positive :P

I just don't really feel like we all need to freak out just yet because we don't have enough players for certain countries. We don't even know yet if a country won't get a full team or not because signups aren't nearly over yet :) Let's just relax and see about it when the time comes.

without morph and jack there will be no scotland team, so that means the rest of the scotland team can't play in the cup at all because we'll only have 4 players or something. If you want to exclude people Gazz then fine, hf with a holland 1, 2,3 vs eng 1, 2, 3 vs germany 1, 2 cup :rolleyes:. Or else rename "england" to UK so that the 4 scottish ppl can play as well.

without morph and jack there will be no scotland team, so that means the rest of the scotland team can't play in the cup at all because we'll only have 4 players or something. If you want to exclude people Gazz then fine, hf with a holland 1, 2,3 vs eng 1, 2, 3 vs germany 1, 2 cup :rolleyes:. Or else rename "england" to UK so that the 4 scottish ppl can play as well.

No point telling me this dunc im not a cup admin ;) Although do you really want scotland lumped in with England, meaning that half ur current scottish line up would be in one england team and the other in a lesser England team?

Smant stated before that the rules are you have to be born or live in that country, if thats not the case then he needs to change the rules and change them now instead of "oh lets wait and see what happens", simple as that. Not my problem that Scotland or any other country doesnt have enuf players. Its either one way or the other imo, and i dont see how its fair to enforce the rule for some ppl/countries and not others :)

If the rules remain, then Scotland shouldnt play if they cant find enuf scottish players. Admittedly it would make the cup consist of about 4/5 countries at the most, which isnt exactly ideal.

Btw, i could litterally bet my house, that the only reason those players want to play for Scotland/Canada etc and not England is because they are concerned that if all the best english players sign up they wouldnt get in the first team. Imo a very poor excuse to decide to jump ship and bend the rules :P I am assuming there and could be wrong but thats my oppinion on it.

I realise im causing some "friction" with saying these things, but frankly the admins will be conveniently turning a blind eye anyway so i guess im wasting my time :P

I suspect a lot of ppl have been thinking along these lines but they just dont say it, well im saying it whether ppl like it or not :)

Not my problem that Scotland or any other country doesnt have enuf players.

this cup is not ur problem etheir , just go back to ur cave gazzz and don't come back till u play wars :P

i know where ur coming from gazz and can see why people would be thinking about it, but in the end its just a bit of fun and it's better with more teams, no? anyway as you say i wouldnt want to get lumped in with the english, they have more than enough already. If scotland cant get a team then ill try get a swiss team to merge with austria and i can play with them as I was born there. COME ON MYM AND LENNY!!

:lol: I signed up for Switzerland last time, on my own! Had to change as I didnt think my german was good enough to cope with being merged with Austrian team.

Signups, if thats what they are, dont close for another month, I dont see why people have to signup to countries they arent technically valid for at this stage. If after teams have tried to get players and then still have problems it can be decided to merge with other countries or allow special dispensation for people to join those countries that need players, although countries like scotland really shouldnt have that much problem finding 6 people although whether they would have enough that are active would be another matter.
AFAIK Jack and Stu had problems after England teams were picked and how they were being captained which is why they left to another country, might find if it was allowed in the past then would make it harder to enforce now some people will just pick wherever. Admins should just clarify the rules on that matter.