Y570 - damn lucky I am

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WildLee

~dzz~ Moderator
Mar 10, 2006
Europe/CZE/Brno
At the end of August, I have decided to buy a laptop, Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 when I get paid my job.
Well, money was still not coming, and I could only watch how quickly all laptop stored in e-shops are disappearing.

Just a few days back, when I should get all the money (I didnt anyway, damn boss) all e-shops were empty.
.... When I found at one site the date of next delivery, I was desperate! About 28.10. :(

But just a few moments back, I found at one e-shop one laptop remaining in store in a small town, at tsbohemia.cz :D

My order was never so quick. :rofl:

I am hoping that they will delivery it fast :D

It is 20 000 crownds, which is about 800€.
Of course it is looking good, :D I wouldnt choose it, if it wouldn´t.

EDIT: Of course i have chosen the cheaper model with i5 CPU only (there is a model with i7 also)

At first I was looking at something smaller, 13"-14" screen, (exactly Aspire TimelineX 3830TG, or 4830TG)
These laptops are basically the same except the screen size. It costed about 700€. I liked the performance, battery life.
But well, It has unreplaceable battery, so when It is dead, it is dead. And when I found somehow this IdeaPad Y570, i couldnt believe it. Just 100€ more, and getting MUCH MORE in single laptop, except the battery life. And, yes, I can buy another battery here. Clear choice :D

Last edited:
Well, there is another laptop from this category, but I didnt like the design and manufacturer. It is MSI GE620.
It costs lil bit less, and It should have FullHD resolution, but ... damn, FullHD on 15,6" inches.... Useless thing I quess.

And it was not accesible on the market at Czech republic, till now, as I see.

Stay away from MSI m8, they have bad roumer

Got 2 work m8s who both got a laptop from MSI, and they only have problems with them.

well true laptops with fullhd are kidna shit for your eyes, tho u should get an i7 for 800 euros, but thats the CZ Republic but beyond everything for pricings beside the price of beer :lol:

naja laptop for 800 euros. mine is 300 but it works fine and i have np with him games/work/internet <______Lenovo

well true laptops with fullhd are kidna shit for your eyes, tho u should get an i7 for 800 euros, but thats the CZ Republic but beyond everything for pricings beside the price of beer :lol:

I queess CPU power should be enough for my needs. I am more interested in graphic card, want see that card GeForce 555M in action. :cool:

Of course it is better to have i7, but I dont think it is necessary :P (I dont have enough money for model with i7 anyway)

I7 owns.

Got 1 myself but not in a labtop.

Hardware spec.

I7 1.6GHz OC. to 2.9GHz can run 3.6 but getting hot, but stabil.
6 GByte DDR3 CL.9.9.9.9 RAMS
GRAFX. Card 2 * Club3 5770 1 GByte DDR5 in X-fire.
1.5 TByte harddrive space. ( 1TByte Seagate 7200 rpm.32MByte cache.1 500MByte Seagate 16GByte cache 7200 rpm.)

I think that show the noob I am.
FPS over 150 all the time but still low on the skill list.

:D hehe
Well I know i7 owns, but I still believe that i5 is better choice for me.

Lower heat output. It is laptop, so cooling maybe won´t be the best.
Longer battery life (not enough to make big difference, but still )
I dont have money for i7 model.
Except playing games, and some school stuff, I dont need strong procesorr.

:D hehe
Well I know i7 owns, but I still believe that i5 is better choice for me.

Lower heat output. It is laptop, so cooling maybe won´t be the best.
Longer battery life (not enough to make big difference, but still )
I dont have money for i7 model.
Except playing games, and some school stuff, I dont need strong procesorr.

It toke me about 2 years to save money to get my system upgraided.
So yes I know its expensive to get new hardware m8....
I5 is a cool CPU too, and I think/hope not to need to upgraid next 4 hoppefully 5 years. :shout:

:D yeah, we are all hoping, but I think just in two years, i will be forced to upraged again...

BTW laptop is cool, imo I excepted it will be smaller then it looks.
Good news is that UT works with D3D fine even trough I havent switched on GeForce graphic (SandyBridge has integrated one, propably HD 3000, dont remember excat name)

Cool.

My son told me about this SandyBridge that it rocks.
I never had the time to read about it.... Should be the new of the new stuff...
Looking forward to hear and read about it.:):)

Hmm, I am not sure If I am correct about this.

CPU-Z says that my Chipset is SandyBridge, also code name for CPU alone is SandyBridge. So I am not very sure about the placement of integrated GPU. If it is really plugged in to the CPU, or it is located at Chipset alone. Got no idea. :D

Doesnt really matter where it is, all I need to know, Is which card is switched on. Nvidia Optimus is taking care of this. And on this laptop, there is one cool button. I can turn it on, off. So when needed battery life, I switch it off(GeForce is switched off) and If performance needed, I switch it on. However It is not that easy, I have to restart aplication to take effect :D

EDIT: All of SandyBridge i5s - Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Battery holded first time over 5 hours - I was watching films all the time.