xp-usb crap

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Towanda

Old ppl dont dodge
Jun 8, 2001
Sweden
Here is a new one for ya :)

I installed winXP with all USB disabled and got rid of my random crash problem.

Then i wanted to install a Saitec Wheel (USB) so i installed the drivers for it, rebooted and it didn't work. realized i had all usb disabled so i enabled them in bios and rebooted. now XP finds new hardware on bootup and then say the data is corrupt when it's gonna install the usb stuff:\

tried to unistall the saitec drivers but that doesnt do any difference :(

i also checked the drivers.cab and sp1.cab with winrar and they dont have any errors :\

anybody got some ideas? :confused:

Unplug the wheel and plug some other USB device in and see what happens.
I find that its always better with Xp to just plug the device in, forget about the drivers that came with it and let windoze install its own where possible.
2c'ts.

Tnx for the advice Tnega :thumb: but i really dont think it will work since the problem still occurs when i have unistalled the wheel and unplugged it, it occurs when winxp detects the usb controller and some other usb thing (thats also on the mainboard) and when its gonna install those things. Gonna give it a try though :)

Maybe your mobo Bios allows restricted USB ports?
like only 1 & 2
Only 1 & 3 etc?