WinXP and UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

The problem could be with your ram. I just read about this problem, one guy had unmatching RAM in his system. He also had this problem with other games that are CPU/RAM hogs. When he replaced it everything ran fine again. I had that problem when I first put this system together. I have a dual 1.4 AMD with 512 DDR ECC RAM. Tyan tells you to use ECC but by default it's turned off in the bios. After I turned it on the problem went away.

Having the shitty sound distortion bug with XP and SBLive. Have to start Media Player and start playing something, boot up UT, kill Media Player after UT has started. Not a big deal except in the case of me having a GeForce4 and the screenmode change taking about 30 seconds each time with UT :crap:.

To stop the soundbug under winXP you should:

1. start UT
2. Type prefernces in console
3. go to audio
4. and change Latence to 60

Then start up UT again.... and you're problem is solved;)

Originally posted by Haggis
KOOMA its yer videocard drivers m8 change em to older ones and UT will minimize and maximise instantly.

Which ones? 28.35, 28.32 or 27.70? Heard there has been problems with atleast 28.35 in UT.

if im playing 1hour or something, my keyboard stops. looks like a KeyboardLock or something., cant do anything ecept Alt + f4.
someone knows a fix for this?
its WinXP

same problem here.. that's why i made the double boot system.

Play UT on Win98SE, enjoy the flashy XP features on the other boot..

Originally posted by Snake
if im playing 1hour or something, my keyboard stops. looks like a KeyboardLock or something., cant do anything ecept Alt + f4.
someone knows a fix for this?
its WinXP

:hm:
the only thing i can do is ctrl + alt + del :\
the problem doesnt occur as often as it used to anymore...
maybe some driver updates help i dont know

Originally posted by Sauron
i have to decept you proph, i sometiems have the same freezes on win2k

I get that sometimes 2...Ive found out thats its Mirco$hites accessibility options ...sticky keys i.e if you hold down shift to long it will open a box under UT and crash my system thus needing a reboot

to get round this go to control pannel>accessibility options and untick the sticky keys boxs....this maybe the same 4 XP but I dont use that OS of shite