Windows Xp Problem... Help!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Se7en

=[FDC]=
Jan 4, 2002
Ok for those of you who didnt see my other thread i got a virus on my computer so short version is i reformatted (properly) :D and Windows Xp is now installed, everything runs excellently but... one program...

UNREAL TOURNAMENT

Now ive tryed a number of things to fix the following problem i have :

Downloaded and updated the drivers and files for all my hardware (with exception to mother board im working on that now).

Reinstalled UT.

Tryed a Number of different Drivers and Graphics modes for ut, Direct3d crashes, software mode same, open gl crashes but leaves and error for me as soon as UT kicks into full screen, well within 10 seconds it will crash anyways.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Visual C++ Run Time Libraries

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe

Abnormal Program Termination

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my fellow clan mates have been very helpful and i have tryed hell of a lot of stuff, however rest assured any suggestions posted in this thread will be tryed by me ( as long as it aint updating bios thats something i aint done yet ) anything will be appreciated, Already i thank FDC for putting in their time to find solutions for me, Aww! love you guys :) ... Post suggestions :p: will be much appreciated, thx /nick

Downloaded and updated the drivers and files for all my hardware (with exception to mother board im working on that now).

your motherboard drivers have agp acceleration on them idd start there

also a lot of the newer drivers require dx9 to fuction properly

is this a new install of ut or a backed up one cause if its an old one rename your unreal tournament.ini to old or something ut will make a new one

telling us your specs whould be a start as well

Yep before asking here u should of -

Updated bios
Updated motherboard
Updated directX

problem gone

also install UT FRESH

k ill be doing that later today, if i still have a problem ill post EVERY detail i know here :)