Wiiiiiiiii

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Lex_Mortis

Not here
Sep 2, 2002
The Netherlands
I got one! Woohoo!
I bought:
- Wii (which includes Wii Sports)
- Wii Play (which includes a Wiimote)
- Zelda
- Extra nunchuck
And soon (maybe tomorrow) I'll prolly buy 2 extra wiimotes, since friends obviously gonna come over and play :)

I've been playing for about 7 hours today.... and my arm hurts like hell ;_;
It's really easy to get into the sports game and really swing around like a mofo. :D
Already hit something, lucky just flowers.. so nothing is broken.

I'm so happy! ^_^

Cool, I actually completely forgot about the release since I was quite busy lately :(
I'll probably pick one up when they're fully in stock.

Let me know how Zelda feels :D

i really want to play zelda with the wii controller.. but i cba to spend 250 euro's or more...

So far I've only played Sports and Play because I really wanna get a proper feel n all with the wiimote, once I've mastered and I feel I'm ready... I'll play Zelda. Which is prolly this evening, I just hope my arm doesnt fall off...

And I took a day off today because of the camp-out to get it :D
Also took tomorrow and monday off, so 4 days of Wiikend for me! :D

I GOT A WII ASWELLLLL

only got wii sports tho, love the boxing and baseball, my arms dying tho!

You're not posting enough info Lex, giev reviews! giev insights!
Professional games journalists can't play games worth for shit, everyone knows that, so it's up to YOU to tells us what the Wii is all about! :D

It's 1am atm... been up since 7am.
Obviously been playing a lot through the day, my arm hurts, shoulders feel a bit iffy and my legs aswell. I wouldnt be surprised when I wake up tomorrow that every muscle will hurt like hell.
I've played Wii Sports a lot, hence the pain.. You really get sucked into the game and start to play like its the real thing. While playing Wii Sports I've told myself about 20 times "Just 1 more". It's a game that anyone can play and enjoy so it's a great party game. But Golf might be too slow. Boxing can be very intensive. Tennis is fun, but can be hard to master. Everybody loves Bowling. Baseball is alright, can be hard to master aswell.
And obviously due to flailing my arms like an idiot I'm in pain now.. but it's good pain! :D

The wiimote (and the nunchuck) both feel great in your hands, although I do get sweaty hands.
The Wiimote has the perfect size and weight. It responds very accurate, it deffo goes beyond the level of a "simple gimmick".

I only got WiiPlay because of the Wiimote, games are small and simple.. but still kinda fun. Might be more fun in multiplayer.

Only played Zelda for just 1 hour, but for now "Wow!" sums it up nicely. ;)

Making the Wii connect to my (shitty Sweex) router was piss easy, Wii scanned for wifi, entered WEP and done.

Tomorrow friends are coming over, gonna be fun.

my arm hurts too
also got red steel which is okish
i think i'll sell it next week, i can see it turning into a drinking night novelty and thats about it

Did the Wii Sports Fitness thing... damn thing said I'm 58! :prooap:
It might be right though... every muscle in my body hurts :lol:
I think it's mostly from playing Boxing.. Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee!

Sounds like you're having fun though! How is the ''getting used to the wii-mote'' thing coming along? Does it feel natural yet, or do you really have to work hard to aim etc. Do you reckon it's possible to become really skilled/precise with it?

I GOT A WII ASWELLLLL

only got wii sports tho, love the boxing and baseball, my arms dying tho!

boxing is so horrible,

imho they completly messed up the boxing part of wii sports, its really badly rendered

baseball is ok i figure but its kinda boring

golf is fine except for the damn putter (sucks when it takes 3 shots to get to the green and then 5 shots to put it in)

bowling is well done but its kinda 2 easy to get strikes

tennis is the best one imho, really well rendered, the only thing that sucks is that you can choose the side of the racket, still there are ways to still be able to do what you want to do.

Big advice, if you are going to play wii tennis for more then 30 minutes, be sure you strech your arm and stuff before, my bloddy shoulder hurted for 3 days after I found out how to smash...

Sounds like you're having fun though!

How is the ''getting used to the wii-mote'' thing coming along?

Does it feel natural yet, or do you really have to work hard to aim etc. Do you reckon it's possible to become really skilled/precise with it?

Fuck yeah, it's a shitload of fun! :D

Getting used to it is pretty good, learning curve isnt steep at all.. and Wii Play has a game for pretty much any motion. 1 Game for aiming, 1 game for twisting/turning, 1 for back n forth, etc etc... while the games itself are simply n easy, it's a nice way to learn to use the wiimote properly. Kinda like fun tutorials.

The wiimote is very precise, accurate and responsive. If something doesnt work in a game, like hitting something or so I reckon it's mostly the person to blame and not the wiimote. So yes, I think you can deffo get skilled with it.. I dont see why not.

boxing is so horrible,

imho they completly messed up the boxing part of wii sports, its really badly rendered

baseball is ok i figure but its kinda boring

golf is fine except for the damn putter (sucks when it takes 3 shots to get to the green and then 5 shots to put it in)

bowling is well done but its kinda 2 easy to get strikes

tennis is the best one imho, really well rendered, the only thing that sucks is that you can choose the side of the racket, still there are ways to still be able to do what you want to do.

Big advice, if you are going to play wii tennis for more then 30 minutes, be sure you strech your arm and stuff before, my bloddy shoulder hurted for 3 days after I found out how to smash...

Boxing: badly rendered? It's stylized.
Boxing is easy to play but deffo hard to master.. all kinds of punches, jabs, hooks etc plus you need to defend yourself. Since you use both arms its also more intensive than any other sports game.

Golf: Yes, I've noticed that putting can be iffy. BUT, I think I found out how to do it... My problem was that either I hit it (way) too hard or when I did smaller/slower movements that the game did register it (as in, my Mii moved the club) but it didnt register it as a proper hit. So after trying a lot, I've noticed that with putting you shouldnt hit it like a normal swing.. but erm.. slide it. A normal swing would be putting the wiimote way back and whack it forward, usually stopping that movement when the wiimote is pointing at the floor. With sliding put the wiimote a tad back (not too far, since you dont want to hit it too hard.. afterall, yer putting) and then instead of making a short flick of the wrist slide the wiimote forward... this should result in a light tap instead of a hard hit.
I've managed to get a score of -1 with 3 holes the first go when I realized this. I'm sure if I play more I can get an even better score.

Tennis and bowling are indeed very nice. :)

I don't have a wii i only played it once at my friends house

and I tried boxing only 1 time but it gave me a very very bad impression, I tried realistic-ish boxing basics like left jab jab jab then a hard right punch Appolo-ish style, and most of the time the game didnt even register the jabs. And the hard right punch didn't do a lot more damage then the small jabs. Maybe theres a way to master it but its far less intuitive/natural then the other games.

But the worse came when my friend said, ok let me do the next one ill show you how its done... he started moving his hands back and fort erraticly, eventually falling on the floor on his back still moving his hand back and fort on like a 10-15 cm distance and he looked like a hampster on his back trying to get up or something. And he fucking knocked the computer out 4 times faster then i did.

On the other hand Wii Tennis really need skill and reflexes to pull out nice shots. so yeah wii ftw :thumb:

Well my order didnt come through. I ordered mine through Currys.Digital in October and the store didnt recieve any. Ive complained but no-one cares.
Cant trace one in a shop either so i give up.

Ebays prices are £100 inflated which is too much to consider (£300 for a wii ffs)

Oh well ill get one next year :(