Which Graphics Card?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WaYnOs

[Nil]
Mar 25, 2004
Liverpool, England
Hi guys..I need a new card! My NVidia 7800GTX Pci-Express one has packed up and I am looking for a decent priced replacement. I have AMD Athlone 64 Dual core processor and a AN8 SLi mobo. Any recommendations? :(

you prefer ATI or Nvidia?
Which Monitor do you've?
How much do you wanna spent?

Overall the 4870/4890, GTX260/´275 are advicable

use a philips 190B 19" with dvi port as well as std connection. Don't have any preference over ATI or NVidia. No more than say £150.00GBP?

...... I'm fooked aren't I?? :(

ati suks for ut ogl

If you just casual gamer and ut player

something in the 9800 or gts250 range would be fine

Last edited:
An ATI 4870 for under £100 is good value for money at the moment. Although as DB says, ATI isnt the greatest for OGL in older games like UT, however if you arent using OGL then its not a concern is it :)

Hi guys..I need a new card! My NVidia 7800GTX Pci-Express one has packed up and I am looking for a decent priced replacement. I have AMD Athlone 64 Dual core processor and a AN8 SLi mobo. Any recommendations? :(

I have the same processor and I use an nVidia 8800 gt, works good

thx for the advice guys..thinking I am gonna stick with the NVidia card...OGL settigs work nice with these...Wish, perhaps you could let me know what drivers you use with yours please mate :D Thanks again gents...more than helpful as ever!!! :cool: