What is the point in this game?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WaYnOs

[Nil]
Mar 25, 2004
Liverpool, England
So...have avoided this game for all this time...until now (when it came free with the G19 keyboard I have just purchased) wtf is this wierd game about? No guns, no double dodge, no hammer jumps or launching???? Is this game really that popular? Anyways, if someone could tell me what its all about, I would be most grateful!!! I am gonna give it a week and after that, if I still no likey, its going to the recycle bin in the sky!!!

It's a role-playing game. with a monthly subscription fee. Also, very cartoon-ish graphic wise and the players are some of the most obnoxious people I've ever come across. They're so annoying. 12 year olds the lot of them. Stay away!

What can I say? "DELETE" haha! Any other good games coming out soon I should look out for....UT is by far my favourite game and I dont think I will ever stay away too long from it, but want something else to try out! Been playing that Combat Arms and its not too bad, just frustrating that it takes so long to build weapons up and upgrade them without paying! Also, loads of fecking hacking cheating fookers on it! Want a game similar to say Rainbow Six Vegas or COD m/w2 but also other game types that might be of interest. Never really tried com & conq. type games as cant be arsed... shoot em ups all the way for me! Any suggestions would be more than welcome! :P

These are no shooters: Starcraft 2 (RTS) , Diablo 3 (Hack and Slash).

Otherwise you should wait for Crysis 2 :D
Modern Warfare 2 and Team Fortress 2 are also fun shooters

So, what should I be doing....get to level 5 or 6 and seem to lose my way a bit! Should I be trying to complete quests or level up my character? What is the best way to level up? Any advice??? :(

Quests are a good way to level up, and especially in the early stages of the game there are some funny stories to quests (later on you will find that some quests are very similar to lower level ones etc, but around lvl 5-6 everything is problably still original :P) + they give you some rewards which can come in handy.

If you want to level fast and not bother with quests, you can take it the boring way. Make sure when you quit for the day/moment you are always in an inn so you get rested status (blue xp bar, makes you get double the XP from creepkills) find a place where you can kill creeps over and over again (make sure they aint too strong :P) you'll get a lot of loot and xp doing this. (but its fucking boring, mind you!)

Or, but you're too low for this yet, you can play WSG over and over again, and get XP from turning in badges (dunnow if this still works in current versions, I quit this game 2 years ago or summit :P maybe longer)

Anyway, my advice would be do what is most fun, if you have ingame friends go do groupquests or something, usually a laugh.

I would install Omen to watch your aggro carefully, also install Gearscore and Recount so you can flame other people. Also try to maintain a steady-high DPS while not outaggroing the MT.
Also in PvP beware of diminishing returns!