UT3 Tweaks!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Maybe I should just reinstall.
You could do that, yea.

The custom crosshair coordinates were added in the beta patch #2. So that wouldv'e been the problem.
But something would be messed up beyond your ini's if this doesn't work:

I know you know your ini's, but still just trying to help :P

UTGame.ini:
[UTGame.UTPlayerController]
bNoCrosshair=False
bSimpleCrosshair=True

UTWeapon.ini

[UTGame.UTWeapon]
bUseCustomCoordinates=true
CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=476,V=29,UL=5,VL=5)
CrosshairColor=(R=0,G=255,B=0,A=255) //This is green in my case.

Now, without going to any settings in-game, try to fire up a botmatch and see if that doesn't work.

You could do that, yea.

The custom crosshair coordinates were added in the beta patch #2. So that wouldv'e been the problem.
But something would be messed up beyond your ini's if this doesn't work:

I know you know your ini's, but still just trying to help :P

UTGame.ini:
[UTGame.UTPlayerController]
bNoCrosshair=False
bSimpleCrosshair=True

UTWeapon.ini

[UTGame.UTWeapon]
bUseCustomCoordinates=true
CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=476,V=29,UL=5,VL=5)
CrosshairColor=(R=0,G=255,B=0,A=255) //This is green in my case.

Now, without going to any settings in-game, try to fire up a botmatch and see if that doesn't work.

Exactly what I was searching for as next option a green dot. :D

*Update 2008-01-02
UT3 Tweaker Program v3.5
Unreal Tournamanet 3 Tweaker version 3.5 is an utility which allows you to set up your UT3 exactly as you want it to. With this utility you don't need to use any notepad or external text editor for UT3 config editing, just run this aplication and set it up in an user-friendly dialog window.

Download UT3 Tweaker

Changes in 3.5 version:

Enhanced Graphics controls
Greater Control over the graphics tweaks has been added, allowing you to tick to enable or disable individual settings which are relevant to the Graphics.

Glossary
Whats the point of trying to tweak if you do not understand what the values mean? we at Biopaparat appreciate it can be a little daunting at first, which is why we have included a Glossary to explain what the graphics tweaks do.

World Detail slider bar decreasing no more!
We found the bug which was causing the world detail bar to decrease in game. this has now been ammended so please feel free to apply "Max Graphics settings" without effecting the World Detail.

The Application also detects your current settings.
somthing of which was causing confusion in version 3.0. before you would make changes, save them and close the program, and when you relaunched the application, they would no loinger be ticked, even though the changes were still applied. With the release of Version 3.5 it will detect all of your settings, including the colour of your crosshairs for example, and adjust the GUI of the application accordingly.

threepointfive.jpg

*Update 2008-01-02, 11:09
Use different nick than login name!
Everybody has noticed the semi big flaw inside the ut3; the inability to change your nickname. This poses a problem. Not only is it more then likely that your nickname is allready taken, it also leaves the door open for kiddies mass regging nicknames in order to annoy others. While epic have still to reply on the numerous forum requests to fix / change this there is still another way to change your nick:

Dont log in.
Open up console and type..
Open IP address(ex open 123.12.12.123:7777)
then type SETNAME xxxxx

Be adviced: UT will use it's default settings as defined in the various config files if you change your nick this way. Either play it with those settings or change the default settings to your liking.

*Update 2008-01-02, 11:42
New driver from Nvidia only for UT3
ForceWare Beta Release 169.28
(for customers experiencing issues with the retail version of Unreal Tournament 3)

:satan:

Last edited:
Do I need to download any other patches or packs for ut3 then patch #4 and titan pack? I've reinstalled my pc so I don't have the old files anymore.