ut2007

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Rich

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted
Jun 7, 2001
Omnipresent
is it worth trying to reinvent fraghub ready for ut2007 ?

this is for discusion DONT reply if all you have to add is how rubbish you think ut2007 is going to be.

Last edited:
Is there in assault mod or something similar? if yes then ok, otherwise if youre just talking about invtroducing CTf/DOM no

Rumors says that there will be no pure assault but some new mode where Assault will be merged with Onslaught. Can be good or totally crap but we can say it for sure atm.

Article.

Last edited:
give 2k7 league a chance!

hey you bitch, i asked first :P
http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=59090

i have been reading a bit about UT2k7 lately and what i can say is following:

• Assault will be removed.
  • Double Domination will be removed.
  • Deathmatch "DM" will be included
  • Capture the Flag "CTF" will be included
  • Vehicle Capture the Flag "VCTF" will be included (not 100% sure)
  • Bombing Run "BR" will be included (not 100% sure)
  • There will be a new mod called Conquest "CQ" which melts Assault and Onslaught together.

Most important: IT LOOKS LIKE THE IMPACT HAMMER WILL BE BACK!
There arlso will be some changes of the weapons :D

The description of Conquest is a bit hard but i will give it a go becaues if we do make a UT2k7 league i would be looking forward to that mod cuz it seems to be real good if they achive what they promise.

Onslaught "ONS" allready had some huge maps, but Epic say that the maps in Conquest will have a size about 6 times as big. There will be two teams and both teams have different objectives to achive and its the deceision of each team what they do first. Ofcourse while they achive objectives they also have to prevent the other team from achiving the objectives.
They say that due to the big maps they might implement a commander system, which is comparable with the game Planetscape i guess.
The maps will be loaded while playing, when running arround on those big maps, the new mapparts will be loaded while playing (streaming?).

here some trailers:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2469

i would say, lets give it a try... cuz there will be 500.000 people buying the game... like last time... u bet.

Last edited:
I think you should try it but maybe advertise the league BEFORE the release of the game. The most attractive part about fraghub (utassault) it that everything is organised, 4 matches a month, dedicated league servers, excellent forums etc etc unlike CB. So we should shout about it to the world.

If you include leagues for very popular gametypes like DM and ictf that will attract a lot of players which can then play other gametypes if they are interested once they are here. Also, do some research .... find out who the biggest most well respected clans are and go to their leaders directly and ask if they want to compete here. Then stick it on the news page when a massive clans joins and it will attract smaller and newer clans that will keep the rest of the league alive.

It's just about organising a good advertising strategy. You could offer prizes like an 8 man server for a month for the winner of each division, or hosting forums or a bj from rich or whatever is possible with the resources you have. I'm sure most of the clan public forums could be removed, they only really need private ones, and then you could offer free forum hosting for all the clans?

Anyway, I think yes, go for it!

Absolutly Felerian i read your post in the clan rep forum but i thought it would be a good idea to open the discussion up to the comunity as only clan reps can reply there i had intended to give you props for the post but forgot to add it.

full props for Felerian

i think the amalgamation of ONS and AS could be a good game and i agree with what Joko said about having a ctf (pref iCTF) league and DM as for prizes i doubt that could be funded from the start unless we get a massive influx from the off but fellatio isnt out of the question...

I still have some contact with a few clans on CB so ill float the idea and ill talk to one of the shoutcasters i know to see if he will be able to plug it for us too.

If you're gonna do it, do it now. I always said that the old fraghub was way too late to pick up the players. You have even more problems now that CB has money for Eurocups (of which UT2k7 will most probably feature). oG are thinking about playing UT2k7 so I guess I can get us on support for CTF and TDM ^^

i agree totally to the last few post .. especially the part "if we wanna do it, do it now" we have 1st August... the game is coming in the Timeperiod between October and December.

So a kinda plan would be:

Until end of August:
  • Figure out if we want to do it or not, cuz its shit to work on something and waste time, when it will not happen anyway
  • Sort out what we exactly want (League size "1v1, 2v2,6v6", League mod "dm", "ctf", "cq", match length & maps should be sortet shortly before release when more info is available, etc.)
  • Make Banners in different sizes so they can be spread on the net and forums so rumours can spread while we work on the project (ofcourse we have to ask first before posting them bla bla)

End August until end of September:
  • Make deceison to use UTA Page for league tables, schedules, etc. or to use fraghub or make new?
  • Work on the needed things, what should not be too big issue as fraghub is there but not used atm. So that could be used maybe.
  • Contact well known clans and convience them to join our league, if they agree, others will follow.

Beginning of Oktober until mid Oktober:
  • Finalize the page and do final tests
  • start a new banner campain to pull the attraction to our league
  • Open signups so members can sign up and make clans

Release of UT2k7 (okt-dec):
  • start the fucking league!

something like this could be the plan or?
what you think?

Last edited:
I doubt anyone is able to make a mod for an unreleased game. Even if it'll be released i doubt anyone from devteam can do it that fast without getting into UnrealEngine3 coding standards first (which requires some time of course).

WWW stuff should be ready in time ... well lot's of work is already done so i don't see much problems with this aspect of all this stuff we would need to work on.

the idea to have a new league with ut2007 is interesting.

a simple match setup mod like the one for iCTF should be easy, however I can not promise how much time I will have ;)

Well just to say, I've been troll'n the forums again because i missed the great community and the fun we had back in the day, if you set up a UT2007 league i will definatley join.

For those who don't remember me I am Lee's mate, Former Co-leader of DA, member of CoN and former leader of Cen before Lee took over. CoN are still around getting ready to start a CS:S division, if there was a UT2007 league by you guys I will defiantley join this league over any others that are out there.

I agree! Get it started, but be sure to advertise Fraghub before the game is going to be released. It's hard to compete with clanbase as every gamer expects them to have cups and ladders for any game that's been released. So i think the main problem is attracting players to fraghub. I think the organisation and the site are really up to date and alot faster than clanbase, so thats alrite. Advertising should be priority #1, the rest could come later Fel :)

What's with this so-called "Conquest"? That's not the name, it's being called Unreal WARFARE.
Epic is also introducing a brand-new gametpye called Unreal Warfare, which appears to be verging into MMO territory. This time it's also likely that vehicles will appear in standard CTF gameplay, rather than being included in a seperate Vehicle CTF gametype a la UT2004.

While details of this new gametype are still sketchy, Unreal Warfare maps are set to be potentially as large as three Onslaught maps, with 'Assault'-like sub-objectives and even a limited form of resource management. Players will join one of the eight teams, each with its own unique armour, and wage war across huge territories which change depending on which team is in control.

With Unreal Warfare, it's clear that Epic intends to offer something for the more tactical gamer, with the Warfare mode focussing more on strategy, resource management and teamwork.
(as per link given before)

Btw, the date for it's release has never been set in stone. It may come out as soon as late this year or sometime in the next year. The ones in charge of it has said before that no release date has been made nor will be until they are done & happy with it for the public to have. I've seen many places claiming it was to come out as early as the Spring of this year, yet it came & went with not even a demo being released.

I'm not saying you can't mention to others now that a league could be done here & servers set up, but don't have a timetable just yet until word is official & people are ready to get it (plus any possible upgrades to the computers).

I just posted short info on polish UT community forums. Let's see if there will be anyone interested.
Also i'll try to contact x3m and ask if they are interested to cooperate with us by providing some servers for the league but since they are nice buch of guys i think we can count on them ..... :)

EDIT:
They did agreed :)

Last edited:
man i hope it's better then 2k4 ......
If it has the ut99 feel to it i'll probably start playing it again and say my goodbye's to wow:hangover: