UT2 release date change

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Oby

still here
Sep 21, 2001
Germania, Avgsbvrg
I´m quoting:

Looks like UT2K3 has been pushed back to 7/22/2002.... :( another month from the original date......

"Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering
from us, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let
you know that we have changed the projected ship date for Unreal Tournament
2003 to 7/22/02. The publisher did not provide us with a specific date so
this is our best estimate only and should not be considered firm. We will
update this date again as we receive new information. As always, EBgames.com
will not charge your credit card until we ship your order."

:eek:

Well I'm still waiting for the prommissed compatibility demo, due out any day now, and if it's released before the end of the month theres NO WAY they're gonna make a june release for the game.

Unreal2 is gonna be a Christmas release.

Demo this month around E3 (21st May i think it is?) still. A month for the full release should be enough unless there is a big problem they've missed in their in-house testing.... and then theres always patches anyways :P

Mark Rein (Infogrames Forum 5/5/02)
Next stop is E3 where I think we'll have a very solid game and hopefully we will have either done it already or at least be pretty close to releasing the demo version (or test version if you like) by then.
And EB say in that bit you quoted: "The publisher did not provide us with a specific date so this is our best estimate" - thats not a push back thats a failure in comunication.