UT running very fast

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

FAKK2

Mar 14, 2007
hi all i just built a quad core pc 8800 GT superclocked 4 gigs of ram etc and my UT99 seems to be sped up like for instance on deck 16 ill run around the map and the game will speed up in spots how do i fix this???

you mean Vsync??? if i do that it smooths out but only limits my frames per second to my refresh rate of 60
Well that's exactly the function of Vsync. Limiting the fps to your refresh rate.
But where's the problem? :confused:
constant 60fps should be enough to play smoothly.

If you want more, you can do what Headcase mentioned.
Most LCD displays are able to run refreshrates up to 75, resulting in a different picture quality (worser, but sometimes even better).

vsync should work, or you can type preferences into the console. Somewhere under the rendering options you can set an FPS limit.

You can set a minimum fps rate but no maximum under D3D. This is the same problem I have - UT zooming around offline. Dunno why the online rate is allowed to be set by the server while offline is fucked.