ut problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Temper

May 13, 2007
Hi, my problem is: I can't start my ut.I was playing it today morning,didn't change anything and now it isn't working.
When I'm trying to open my ut , I can see that msg:

Any ideas?

havent looked at that message but i had same problem y'day. Do u auto record demo's with demo manager? if so clear all the demos you dont want out of ur sys folder and try again. Sorted my problem out y'day (had over 3 gig of dem's lol).

/me out of ideas then im afraid. Hopefully one of the guru's like Weirdo or MyM will pop on by here soon for ya.

Try removing your ini from system folder and saving to desktop or somewhere and let UT make a fresh ini. See if that helps.

When I deleted unrealtournament.ini : there's a window,where i have to choose one of the 3d video devices,but,when i choose "show all devices",there's nothing. :

Sounds like your ini is trashed indeed. Either that or you've accidentally renamed your UT executable.

/edit if you're missing renderers, then that suggests your default ini's or .int files are missing or corrupt.

Overwrite with files in attached archive.

Attachments

• Renderers_and_INTs.zip
    303.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
if ur gonna do that your prolly best to back up ur maps, textures, music and sounds folders (will save u having to DL/reinstall all the maps etc).

However, deleting/renamimg your unrealtournament.ini and user.ini is basically like re-iinstalling. try that 1st so UT just recreates both those files and see if that works.