UT crashing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

PlayR

Oct 9, 2002
nl
Hi there,

Recently i got a new system:

Intel core 2 Duo E8400
Asus P5Q, s775
Sapphire ati hd4870 512mb
2GB, Vista home premium

I tested gears of war, ut2k4, ut3 and call of duty 4 and i have no problems with these games.
When i try to play ut, my system freezes. I can play for like a minute before it chrashes and after that i have to reboot my pc.
Temperature of the card is stable and does not get higher then 70° also i have the latest 8.8 catalyst drivers from the ati site.
I downloaded new renderers from http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/ and have tried d3d, d3d8, d3d9 and opengl renderers.
Opengl appears to be most stable but after some minutes the screen becomes also gray and have to reboot again.
I tried to toggle vsync on/off but gave me no result and also used frameratelimit but also no result.
Mym also gave me some tips like he gave me an ut.exe file wich works with 1 core only but still gave me problems.
First i tried my own ut.ini but after that i removed the file so ut makes his own ini file, still no success.
I hope someone can help me with this issue.
Thanks,

pr

I think it's a driver thing, though I'm not totally certain, but I had a similar problem when I got a new vid card and decided to get the latest drivers. The latest ones aren't always the best, you just ned to find ones that work with UT, so goole for it a bit. That's all I can suggest.

Well i also had problems with ut3 so i installed xp professional. Ut 3 is running perfect now but ut99 is still chrashing :(

Even if you have tried it sounds like a duo core issue, because UT3 can handle it but not ut99.

You tried to run ut99 first on core 1 and then at core 2? :satan:

Problem solved..
Powerplay caused stutters and lockups because it switched every few seconds from 2d to 3d mode.
From 500 to 750mhz.
51539665xb1.gif

Solution was:
Disabling powerplay in yourprofile.xml

Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0"
Property name="Want_0" value="50000"
Property name="Want_1" value="50000"
Property name="Want_2" value="75000"

to:

Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0"
Property name="Want_0" value="75000"
Property name="Want_1" value="75000"