Upgrade from Windows 7 - RC to Windows 7

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Dj_AL

-)EaS*
Nov 3, 2002
Lund (Sweden)
Upgrade from Windows 7 - RC to Windows 7

Anyone else than me who has Windows 7 RC? It seems like the deadline for the RC on 1st of march.

I really dont want to reinstall windows as ive got more than 70 applicatiosn and programs run on my computer.

Anyone know if there is any option to upgrade from Releae candidate to RTM variant?

i googled and found a link

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3075/how-to-upgrade-the-windows-7-rc-to-rtm/

Dunno though if this works.

INPUT?

i tried that 2 month ago and it didnt work for me. but i got the home premium version. my neighbour did it with the ultimate version and it worked for him.

no idea if its always like that though

Hm i dont really know if i got the Home or the Ultimate editio

i know though its the release candidate but need to check if its home or Ultimate.

Perhaps its worth a try but i need a key though or? Basdo? does same key works as when i installed RC?

RC is/was ultimate, it was the only option available to me when I downloaded it from their website.

Some still have no idea what RC stands for :teehee:

It was clear from teh beginning - and even published by MS - that RC had an expiration date and that you wont be able to upgrade from RC to RTM.
Seriously. your own fault when you use a RC version as a productive system.

I would also expect the MinClient thing to only work on matching editions.

Can't remember, but I rather thought in RC you could choose your edition? So if you're lucky, you chose HP. Though I very much doubt it :P

Some still have no idea what RC stands for :teehee:

It was clear from teh beginning - and even published by MS - that RC had an expiration date and that you wont be able to upgrade from RC to RTM.

Dj knew what the RC was about since i told him when he installed it. He never said that he didnt... just that the expiration date at that time wasnt known.

Anyway, the RC was an ultimate version with full functionality. Should be upgraded to an ultimate version as far as i know. I didnt try it myself though.

Originally Posted by Bart
Some still have no idea what RC stands for

LOL Bart i knew from day 1 i had to clean and reinstall windows 7. The thing is now after a year PERHAPS they solved this in any way so its not needed that just a upgrade could be possible. Off course i can clean and reinstall but really it should be an option just to upgrade it as i know ive surely got all latest windows .dll when downloading all from windows update.
Cant really se the "diffrence".

if there is anyway this is possible it would for sure save me like 20 hours of work.
65 programs and settings and applications....

GL, I switched to Win7 for 5 weeks ago and I like it alot, faster than Xp and more stable than it also.
Vista I wont mention even :lol: :satan: