To 2.1

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

WKD

mIRC slappa :(
Jun 10, 2001
Soon theres ap atch to be released for TO 2.0, abd i worry that it will be a UMOD, and i still have probs installing them. Ive reinstalled UT and windows but all it does is bring up the "open with" menu. Ive got the umod.fix and one called restoring UT which resets the REG keys or summin. If it his released in ony UMOD form does somebody know how i can get round my problem, and if theres a program that just automatically install UMODS.?

btw - what is contained in UMODs??
Like Maps are .unr etc...
Is a UMOD .u from the system folder?

umod files are compact "installation files" of sometimes mods/maps/new gametypes etc.

u can get it right by doing the following:
go to windows explorer

make new file type by clicking on view-> folderoptions -> filetypes -> new type
now fill in the required stuff:
description: .umod
associated extenstion: .umod
content type (mime): empty

then make a new action by clicking onto new
action should be: &open
and application used to perform action:
C:\UnrealTournament\System\Setup.exe install "%1"

(change the pad if needed)

:)

this will make sure u can click on them using windows explorer and it will install them

Last edited:
Thnx u2:)
Ill be waiting anxiously phear, and i lready tried that Relax but thnx anyway:)

Inst that just the regedit umod fix thing?
ill dload it sumtime and try, but in another post you will see that my UT has totally ballsed up:(

i had probs with umods @ first 2 but i found something for it

start > execute >

your ut directory\system\setup.exe install your dload dir\dir for umod file\your file.umod

so ie D;\UT\system\setup.exe install D;\dloads\TOb200\TOb2.umod

; = : but smilies fucked it up

If you tick the Disable Smilies In This Post option at the bottom of a reply, paths should show up ok:

c:\Unreal Tournament\System