The Israelian/Palestine Conflict versus the media

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I could write so much on this issue that I would get annoyed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/07/gaza-israel-palestine

Iran's president was mis-quoted (I can understand persian!), but similar to this article the issue is the expansion. While words such as denying the jews being slaugthered during world war is cold, what the Israeli's are doing now is on a level far worse and they will continue using the holocast as an excuse for their actions.

It makes me sick. Loads of spelling mistakes, ipod webbrowser ftw :(

sorry in advance for getting offtopic but tbh that palestine/israeli conflict exists for 60 years now and goes way back beyond that. it wont be solved appropriately in my lifetime. i sometimes happen to watch tv-news from 20-30 years ago and it was the same bullshit only distinguished by todays surge of violence.

the thing i disagree with is the fatalistic view that mankind is not improving from their flaws. mankind is actually improving by moral standards but still far away from actually meeting its own moral demands. this is partly because of mankind being selfish, yes, but if one compares papers written like newpapers, books, and laws just 100 years ago you will find vast differences. moral standards 100 or 200 years ago were so much lower than they are today, so mankind is improving but as always will probably never achieve its own targets.

mankind is actually improving by moral standards but still far away from actually meeting its own moral demands. this is partly because of mankind being selfish, yes, but if one compares papers written like newpapers, books, and laws just 100 years ago you will find vast differences. moral standards 100 or 200 years ago were so much lower than they are today, so mankind is improving but as always will probably never achieve its own targets.

lol..i think one should first check if the laws are respected and then compare them with older ones :P

what do you mean?

of course you got laws that are not precisely followed, but most of them are. and you surely have law-breakers everywhere. but think, 100 years ago women had no right to vote, now its generally accepted.

what do you mean?

of course you got laws that are not precisely followed, but most of them are. and you surely have law-breakers everywhere. but think, 100 years ago women had no right to vote, now its generally accepted.

Yeah it's true. And now society is crumbling. I don't think it's a coincidence.

I plan on moving to Saudi Arabia where women can't drive cars or have opinions about politics. Western nations criticize them, but in reality they're far more advanced than us.

i just saw on tv there r jews around gaza cheering when jew soldiers kill women/children or destroy a house. lol isnt there a scene like that in schiendlers list? ( only that is fiction) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
People!! stay on topic or at least about the whole middle eastern conflict that's happening right now..
This is not chit chat :P! deleted multiple offtopic posts!

heard that story before Prometheus, but didnt see any pictures or footage of it yet..
Would be ridiculous of course, but i also heard that a ship full of weapons (biggest shipment in years) from the USA was deported from Greece to Israel last week, typical when they're calling at the same time to stopthe violence, but keep giving them weapons FOR FREE!!

It's a pity this all happens the way it happens.
I have to agree with the original poster that it's ridiculous how the media presents its news, as if we are supposed to be for Israel and not for the Palistines.

Secondly I'd like to say that I disagree on the fact that mankind is ever increasing moral standards.
It's just so not true. (examples, compare Roman Empire to Medieval Times, or just the fact how money rules the world nowadays and is usually the (biggest) reason why wars are started)

Anyway,
It's the jews that came to this region, claimed the land theirs, and started to wipe the palestines as much as possible.
Seems like the Israeli's didn't learn anything from the Holocaust.
Fact is, there have been made several attempts by several countries/institutes including the palestinians to come to peace by dividing the ground in certain ways, where Israel would get the far bigger share of the region. Yet, Israel is too greedy and rejected all those plans.

The USA supports Israel, probably because Israel is the only country in the region that is 'big friends' with the USA (and Israel likes the USA for obvious reasons). We all know how the USA likes to do missionary work for capitalism-> anti-communism, freedom and other things.
I think the USA is pretty much supporting Israel big time because this way they can do their 'missionary work' in the region against Islamic countries.
We can only hope Israel makes a really big mistake, like Iraq did when it invaded Quwait, that would drop the support of the USA (and other western countries), which would be of benefit for the palestinians. I just don't see this happening soon anyway.

Although we are talking about this conflict, there are other conflicts in the world that never received this much attention, which have known far more casualties as this conflict.

Anyway, this world is already lost. It's funny how nations are bickering over pieces of land, when there will be much much greater problems in the close future.
There will be a real problem in about 50 years, when we used up all organic fuels, and the world population will be around 9 billion people. If we haven't found alternative ways of fuels such as nuclear fusion, I'll tell you that billions of people will die because of famine, or otherwise world war 3, or a combination of both.

Mankind fails, big time!

Anyway, this world is already lost. It's funny how nations are bickering over pieces of land, when there will be much much greater problems in the close future.
There will be a real problem in about 50 years, when we used up all organic fuels, and the world population will be around 9 billion people. If we haven't found alternative ways of fuels such as nuclear fusion, I'll tell you that billions of people will die because of famine, or otherwise world war 3, or a combination of both.

There's still loads of organic fuels (oil) out there, even in the sea. Drinking Water will be more of a problem.

good post jEr.

Also i think this world will end sooner than mankind thinks.

I love this. Seeing powerfull people who care of futile things and still make wars, despite they are just farts. And thinking in the same time that they'll soon be manure for plants. if there will still be plants somewhere of course.

Last edited:
Seems like the Israeli's didn't learn anything from the Holocaust.

Wrong they learned theier lesson well, Hitler was a harsh teacher but they did learn the lesson.

We can only hope Israel makes a really big mistake, like Iraq did when it invaded Quwait, that would drop the support of the USA (and other western countries), which would be of benefit for the palestinians. I just don't see this happening soon anyway.

Wrong again; it doesnt matter how many ppl they slaughter they ll always have the USA behind them ( cause of the jewish lobby), and if Europeans says something against them then they r all antisemits and should stfu.