The day after tomorrow

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Movie was what you could expect. It was a real family movie for once.
Good one though, i liked it.
Oh, and the story? Well, it is maybe a bit far out, but things like it can happen, and has happened.

But yet again, why is it always New York and L.A. that gets torn apart in movies? lol i would like to try how it is to be a citizen in New York and walk out of the theatre and see the streets intact compared to the movie where it was flooded with seawater/ice etc :lol:
These stories and plots surdenly have bigger effect on their impression of it ;)

gonna see it tonight... i wont expect much from the storyline. And I think I've seen the best visuals in the trailers already

I thought it was abysmal. The effects were great and worth the ticket price alone. But as for the rest...

It's been likened to Independance Day. But ID had [1] A hero with witty dialogue [2] Secondary characters with fleshed out lives that you actually slightly cared about and [3] A decent ending.

The plot is almost non existant, the dialogue risible and every cliche under the sun has been nailed into place. As for no american jingoism...On imdb the director said that he wanted the Statue of Liberty to remain standing to "create a symbol of American values that stood up to the forces".

Whateeevverrrrr. Effects were good though.

I thought it was the best movie I've seen in quite a while. Normally I'm not very happy with the special effects. They're often too poor, like in troy, van helsing etc. But the special effects in TDAT were very very well done. The storyline was ok, nothing special. Overall it was a very good movie.