Suggestion for the irc reporter

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sonic

Running Target
Jun 8, 2001
Holland
Now we use the authorization system, can't the IRC reporter get the authorized names for displaying in IRC instead of the names which are used ingame?

Would be nice :)

Good idea, although id rather see ppl using their 'fake' nick on IRC.
But would be nice to add their real nick while scores and names are displayed.

( let me throw in a question. our bot in qnet gets kicked for flooding all the time. how can we fix that? )

Hardcore said:
( let me throw in a question. our bot in qnet gets kicked for flooding all the time. how can we fix that? )
turn off flood protect in chanserv?

Hardcore said:
I don't think quakenet do trusted hosts anymore, but they may have a dedicated reporter serv, similar to uta.

My advice is to ditch qnet anyway.

same problem here, DFP-Public is reporting in qnet but floodprotection kills it randomly. Didn't find a solution so far

There is'nt one it's why the other reporter bots dont report as much or they get special hosts from qnet which cant be g-lined or anything.

A suggestion for the league as IRC reporter, update it a little ? add at least monster kill's sort of thing double multi ultra monster, i would think it would be easy enough to do ?

Hardcore said:

Only way you can fix it is by turning down the rate it sends to the channel, which means you'll miss out some frags or other info. If you dont, you'll get a lagging bot that gets killed for flooding. Quakenets text throttle is very restrictive, and allows for less then 1 message/sec. I very much doubt they have any "trust" system left, and if they have, they still dont allow you to send more text then normal.. I doubt even more that they have a reporterserv server like we do on our own irc network.

Makes me wonder why people still wants to use *.net *.split-net

thx doh

well it is kinda because other clans, we know, are there and so on :D
and we are too lazy to move or to be connected to 2 servers :D

hm, maybe we should move #aak-server to irc.utassault.net because the ppl, we know @ qnet, are not interested in that anyway.

btw i think there was a time when the reporter reported exactly, like it does now, but did not get kicked ?