Speed Run Revived

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

:wow: that's really cool :thumb:

As someone said a second is a long time in UT so this mutator will revolutionise speed runs :P

Ok, the World time is Unreal's clock, which is more like Real World time than the in-game timers you normally see.

The 'S' figure can be ignored, and I may replace that with something more meaningful... Currently it stands for the 'Stamp' value that the World Time was at when you spawned for the first time in the map, i.e. when World resets to 0 and re-begins the high resolution timing.

The important ones are the Gamespeed and Dilation figures, they must always be 1.0 and 1.1 respectively, otherwise it would alter the timing mechanisms. These figures are default for LeagueAS, so should automatically be set to this.

/edit

I will need to check all the calculations again though - Useless' screenies look a bit odd. You on IRC?

I would expect the "Completed In" timer to tie up with the clock at the top of the screen, like in the following sshots (ignore my rubbish times :P)

Attachments

• Shot0037.jpg
    Shot0037.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Shot0038.jpg
    Shot0038.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Correct.
TimeDilation = Gamespeed * 1.1 = Default for AS = 1.1
ScreenRecord = WorldStamp / TimeDilation

- I wouldn't start counting any records until we're happy everyone is getting the same baseline results with the mutator.

I don't understand those screenies tbh. Take the Guardia one - the two times add up to more than 5 minutes :confused: 4:37 + 0:23 = 5 mins, then there's an extra few decimals after the 0:23. Unless 4:37 means 4:36+something, ie. the clock stays at 4:37 until it reaches 4:36 (if you know what I mean). I'm on irc now anyway.

Also getting inconsistent timers :hangover:

edit: @ Useless the game's displayed timers are rounded.... Timo's are (i hope ;)) accurate
the one in the top (time left) is rounded up.... so the value on which it's based is actually soemthing like 26.x (suc

Attachments

• Shot0054.jpg
    Shot0054.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Unless 4:37 means 4:36+something, ie. the clock stays at 4:37 until it reaches 4:36 (if you know what I mean).
This is exactly right - UT's red timer is rounded somewhat. What I was concerned about was that your figures were way out. DaTeL's screeny looks absolutely fine.

Also noticed the "World:" time is very slightly out because it doesn't stop processing until after the calculations are done, so I'll be putting some extra code in to ensure it doesn't run away.

Last edited:
No records will be added/included yet for a few reasons:

- Not sure yet how to impliment this to current records. Whether to refresh all records or have a seperate one.
- People have cast their opinion on how to best impliment this new and better method of a record zone.
- When Timo releases a final version.

Note, records will still be accepted with the old system. No new maps will be added until a download link can be supplied.

Is there a way to always get the best spawn without removing all other spawns? As I recall Konnan edited maps so he only was left with 1 spawn, he didn't move it closer or anything just eliminated all the annoying waiting to get the perfect spawn. Can it be done with some mod so nobody has to edit maps or any other way?

edit: Thanks for the more accurate timer Weirdo :thumb:

Last edited:
:hangover:

Ok, well I've been experimenting most of tonight, only to remind myself how inheritably flawed our beloved UT engine is.

So, it's of no suprise really when I remind myself that the fact that the 'accuracy' of the internal clock in UT, when playing offline, is wholly dependent on the client frame-rate.

So if you're playing in an old D3D renderer for example, and have wildly fluctuating framerates, then the timer will lose it's accuracy; however it does seem to be OK with those playing with the latest OpenGL renderers.

Oh well, until I come up with a better workaround for the renderer stuff, I'll let you have my 1b version (some quite obvious differences are present - I'll get round to documenting a changelist when I'm close to a decent version).

Attachments

• ASAROv1b.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Can't you store the average framerate during the map so that the time can be divided by or multiplied with a still to be decided factor (eg. an fps of 60 could be used as baseline)?

Looks pretty nice :)

// Edit: v1b's ASARO.int can't be decompressed here...

jup. only the int file seems to be corrupt, tho?
you should be able to use the old or a modified old one.

the offline clock fluctuation might be able to explain some of datels times, that ppl were wondering about in #utapug?

the spawn-disabling idea was discussed before, i think? not sure where that was.
would be a great great thing though of course.

oh and who is the racist?

Does your timer lose accuracy or does epic's timer also do that?
Maybe you could just keep a value that's updated every frame, and when the map finishes print that value?
This is probably how epic gets 'their Worldstamp'? (since they need to show the time every frame anyway)

Code:
Float totalTime= 0;
Boolean mapActive = False;

OnMapLoad()
{
    totalTime= 0;
    mapActive = False;
}

OnMapStart()
{
    mapActive = True;
}

OnTick()
{ 
    if (mapActive)
    {
        totalTime+= timeElapsedThisFrame
    }
}

OnMapEnd()
{
    mapActive = False;
    print (totalTime)
}

Smantie is the racist. I am sick of the jokes about blacks/whites/jews and constant jibes towards aids and cancer. So no longer any records accepted from this idiot and his current record removed and awarded to someone who equalled his time.