some help with Icechat? Colors are f*cked up...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

dErzOnk

Jan 28, 2005
Berlin, Germany
Hey guys i changed from mIRC to free-software ICechat and it's doing okay for me... well i changed the colors to the way i like it... but i can't find a way to make the Msgs by a reporter Bot visible... so can someone explain me what i have to change?

here a pic of the problem...

thank you for some help

derZ

hey db, thanks - xchat looks okay and was easy to configure... 2 things i really dislike:

the background is grey... i really dont like that else i could change Icechat to grey background and see the Botmsgs...
And how can i colse the Programm to a system icon and no Taskbar-icon?

If those 2 things can be fixed i would leave Icechat and use this X-Chat... till then i'm looking beter for a IceChat solution... Any guys around using Icechat?!

cheers dErZ

i do, but could only get to see the bot messages by using a specific colour option (that i cant remeber off hand and am at work) will look it up when i get home and post again, think it might be a grey background tho, so prolly wont help u much...

Well thank you Vitzy,

hmmm - it would be nice if you could tell me what your color settings are... expect of the RepoterBOT all msg look very nice at Icechat... also the lot of colors you can set are a good feature... but here i post my color sttings and NO color is set to white... so i wonder why the BOT is doing that colors...

i know, its really frustrating aint it, lol. I spent a while looking to see if i could work out which coloour i need to change and couldnt, but I just use one of the "custom default" type colour settings that are in the proggy from the start, will post which one when i get home tonight...

k, remember posting this in DoG forums for someone else that was strugglin with the same problem...

go view - colour themes - black

that sorted it for me, then I guess you could tweak things around till you get it the way you wantd it :)