soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Genosse die italiener waren viel besser:chainsaw:

True, but just because ze germans sucked so hard this time, with their potential they could've won this one easily (first 20 minutes proved that). But when the fuckin coach brought Chancentod Gomez, and later Miro die Ente Klose instead of the talented Reus / Götze / Schürrle and sticks to Schweinsteiger & Kroos - no matter what comes, this makes me feel sick.

But to be honest - when you compared the teams during the hymns, germany looked like a bunch of schoolgirls.

True, but just because ze germans sucked so hard this time, with their potential they could've won this one easily (first 20 minutes proved that). But when the fuckin coach brought Chancentod Gomez, and later Miro die Ente Klose instead of the talented Reus / Götze / Schürrle and sticks to Schweinsteiger & Kroos - no matter what comes, this makes me feel sick.

But to be honest - when you compared the teams during the hymns, germany looked like a bunch of schoolgirls.

the bad thing is this is like the 3rd major tournament loew fucks up:P

the god thing is u have a very young team!

so brazi8l maybe!

at leaat unlike us u had a chance

i was quite impressed by croatia though - (german) referee fucked up big time vs spain. I was excited to see Modric, but the other teams knew how to neutralize him. I'm quite optimistic for HR as well for the world cup if Stimac continues the good work.

i was quite impressed by croatia though - (german) referee fucked up big time vs spain. I was excited to see Modric, but the other teams knew how to neutralize him. I'm quite optimistic for HR as well for the world cup if Stimac continues the good work.

we won vs ireland which was the worse team of the tournamentž

and played quite nice vs italy only 30 minutes in the second half of the game

vs spain we plaed well only for the last 25 minutes!

Stimac is a mafioso, Šuker is a wanna be mafioso and the third scum i wont even mention...we are fucked football wise!

I don't think the germans sucked tbh. But yeah people always jump to conclusions ASAP in footy. They went through the toughest group unbeaten and wiped the floor with greece in quarter final which is still a decent thing to do as most countries played very timid in quarter finals.

This game I think both teams played well (best game in tournament so far imo). They both had their chances to score goals and it was Italy that did, but yeah it's not like it couldn't have been Germany. It is also quite BS to say that the Germany coach fucked up. They got to the semi final and lost, there is no shame in this. If every coach that didn't make it to the final would be fired then :lol: + :wave: @ 87,5% of them attending EC's and even more attending WC's.

Either way, Italy playes surprisinly nice and I love how they go from having the ball at their def to having the ball at the opponents 16mr within 2-4 passes. This is like a breath of fresh air compared to Spain, NL etc.

Since I hate Spain, I hope Italy will win this now! :D

I don't think the germans sucked tbh. But yeah people always jump to conclusions ASAP in footy. They went through the toughest group unbeaten and wiped the floor with greece in quarter final which is still a decent thing to do as most countries played very timid in quarter finals.

This game I think both teams played well (best game in tournament so far imo). They both had their chances to score goals and it was Italy that did, but yeah it's not like it couldn't have been Germany. It is also quite BS to say that the Germany coach fucked up. They got to the semi final and lost, there is no shame in this. If every coach that didn't make it to the final would be fired then :lol: + :wave: @ 87,5% of them attending EC's and even more attending WC's.

Either way, Italy playes surprisinly nice and I love how they go from having the ball at their def to having the ball at the opponents 16mr within 2-4 passes. This is like a breath of fresh air compared to Spain, NL etc.

Since I hate Spain, I hope Italy will win this now! :D

thoughest grroup lol?

holland played really bad... portugal in the gropu was very shy vs germany and denmark while i respect their effort just werent the match for the germans and portugal

Maybe Germany was just that good?

Shitter teams like Greece and England made it to the quarter finals, I would've loved to see them play in group B instead of NL and see if they would've made it through. You can simply spin this many ways (which is also useless). By the end of the day Group B was easily the hardest on paper, looking back on this in hindsight is lame.

Either way, my point was more that Germany was looked at as one of the better teams (and rightfully so) and actually as a favourite at the start of the EC, after qualifiying effortless in the hardest group and smashing Greece in the quarter final. Then they lose against Italy and are suddenly shit and the coach failed? Right.

EC is a tournament and shit happens, its not a competition in which you play 30 games and at the end of the competition all points are counted etc. This is why shit countries can sometimes win (greece 2004) and favourites can be eliminated by noobs etc. Its knockout system and its fun to watch, but it is insanely dumb to change your opinion about a team 180 degrees based on 1 game, especially if they still played decent and played well in their previous 4 games. It is quite a simple concept but apprently to hard to grasp for many fans. :lol:

Maybe Germany was just that good?

Shitter teams like Greece and England made it to the quarter finals, I would've loved to see them play in group B instead of NL and see if they would've made it through. You can simply spin this many ways (which is also useless). By the end of the day Group B was easily the hardest on paper, looking back on this in hindsight is lame.

Either way, my point was more that Germany was looked at as one of the better teams (and rightfully so) and actually as a favourite at the start of the EC, after qualifiying effortless in the hardest group and smashing Greece in the quarter final. Then they lose against Italy and are suddenly shit and the coach failed? Right.

EC is a tournament and shit happens, its not a competition in which you play 30 games and at the end of the competition all points are counted etc. This is why shit countries can sometimes win (greece 2004) and favourites can be eliminated by noobs etc. Its knockout system and its fun to watch, but it is insanely dumb to change your opinion about a team 180 degrees based on 1 game, especially if they still played decent and played well in their previous 4 games. It is quite a simple concept but apprently to hard to grasp for many fans. :lol:

and what if they were in the group with italy and spain which was the hardest gropu imho? would they play so fine?

dont get me wrong portugal , holland and denmark were very good teams also greece played to the best of their abilities but i just dont think group D was the hardest and germany didnt test their mettle against the best until they got in the semis...

but i agree with u germany did play well they were maybe just a lil overconfident and they lost to a better team

tUBzB.gif

dont get me wrong portugal , holland and denmark were very good teams also greece played to the best of their abilities but i just dont think group D was the hardest and germany didnt test their mettle against the best until they got in the semis...

Meh I dont agree.

Wins over NL, portugal and denmark are noticable.

Italy drew vs spain and croatia, won vs Ireland (impressive.) to get to the quarter finals, in which they won by penalties vs England (another top notch team and jaw dropping performance).

And now that they won vs Germany and played their first really good game of the entire tournament, they are suddenly a next level opponent?

It just doesn't work like that. Germany had 4 straight wins up to the semi, Italy had 2 wins 2 draws vs more or less equal competition. There is not reason to think higher of Italy than Germany, but in a knock out system 1 has to go (obviously). Im sure if Germany woulda won people would've bashed italy for being a shit team and such not even being able to win vs croatia and england within 90 mins and balotelli being a retarded shitter who cant do fuck all :P this is the way of footy fans. It just seems to be impossible to be able to lose a game without getting a shitstorm of criticism, what happened to you win some you lose some?

Anyway, I hope Italy wins and Spain loses in the final :P

Last edited:
i think England actually did ok , we only lost on penalties. we won our group and looked quite solid defensivly. i also thought portugal played well too and were unlucky also to lose penalties to spain. i hope Italy wins the final,Span are so boring. Everybody says spain are great so amazing, there really not that good, they just hog the ball and pass it around the middle of the pitch 1000 times until the other team maybe makes a small mistake and they try to pass it foward. is so boring and the most simple tactic ever.

XR, its been like this for years, same with Barcelona, however the media have been branding it "The Beautiful Game" for years. Finally, everyone is seeing it as being boring now. Shame they still think Swansea who are a far worse version of this tactic, are still amazing. Deluded.