soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

true, soccer sux :P

that aside, is there anybody that is not gonna play for real madrid next season?
last thing i heard was that they want to pay 70million for ribery and want to sell their class dutch midfield players... sneijder, van der vaart, robben, van nistelrooy wtf? :hangover:

overrated? I laughed.
Yes, overrated. If you look at what they spend they should be #1 year after year yet they get run over in the quarters in CL and they get humiliated vs Barcelona in La Liga :p:

Last I heard RM couldn't afford either Ribéry or David Villa after buying Ronaldo.

Its a farce anyways. Why the heck is that noob winning play of the year and shit awards when theres a Messi around? Sure hes a realy good player why not but Messi is still better and not failing utterly everytime when its realy important...

Its a farce anyways. Why the heck is that noob winning play of the year and shit awards when theres a Messi around? Sure hes a realy good player why not but Messi is still better and not failing utterly everytime when its realy important...

Well, i don't look at Liga games, but Messi was nothing in Champions League imho. The games where it really mattered, like both vs Chelsea and final vs Manchester utd, i didn't like the game of messi at all.
Ronaldo is more stable overall. But it'll always be a discussion where noone gives the other credits.

Yes, overrated. If you look at what they spend they should be #1 year after year yet they get run over in the quarters in CL and they get humiliated vs Barcelona in La Liga :p:

Last I heard RM couldn't afford either Ribéry or David Villa after buying Ronaldo.

surely, spending that amount for one player is beyond ridicilous.
But Kaka or Ronaldo aren't overrated imo, with Messi included they're top 3 players in my star team ;)

Well, i don't look at Liga games, but Messi was nothing in Champions League imho. The games where it really mattered, like both vs Chelsea and final vs Manchester utd, i didn't like the game of messi at all.
Ronaldo is more stable overall. But it'll always be a discussion where noone gives the other credits.

:o

http://vodpod.com/watch/1691229-all-of-lionel-messis-goals-in-the-champions-league-20082009
(first goal sucks but .....)

Top scorer in the CL, one of the best players on the pitch in the final ..... against Chelsea fair enough but really all of Barca were M.I.A.

Last edited:
surely, spending that amount for one player is beyond ridicilous.
But Kaka or Ronaldo aren't overrated imo, with Messi included they're top 3 players in my star team ;)
I wasn't commentating on specific players. RM is overrated lately because of what they spend and what they get in return in trophies. It's ridiculous really. You could basically buy your own country with that kind of money. It's sick.

Think Messi is one of the only loyal players left in the game. He's been at barce since he was 13 or something. Anyway I'm glad that rapist Ronaldo has gone to Madrid, sick of reading the papers about him everyweek.

done, both teams are in the semi final.
truly a bad game. i still think that not letting Toni Kroos play for the U21 is the worst decision the german team officials did.

Serbia is playing really ugly against Sweden atm, they're giving Marcus Berg a kickin' out there. Looks like Robin Söder is coming on in the 2nd half! This will be exciting :]

:footy: Sweden U21 3 - 1 Serbia U21 :!ola:

Sweden is scoring goals again! :!ola:

:nono: Serbia, 7 yellow and 2 red cards :moon2: So pointless..

Hi England in the semis, please be gentle with us :lol: :poke: