Safegame Help

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

gringo

Dope
Feb 11, 2002
[Updated] Safegame Help

There is no cheat protection built into the Fraghub mutator by default. We do however want to do everything possible to stop cheating and have therefore chosen to use Safegame running alongside the Fraghub Mutator.

AntiTCC has been dropped for the simple reason that it offers virtually no worthwhile cheat protection since Wormbo discontinued development some months ago. There is no point in running a cheat protection mutator which fails to protect against cheating!

For ClanServer Admins previously having trouble with Safegame, please see the new helpfile for updated installation instructions and tweaks :)

For Players who might have experienced problems so far, there are some ‘known issues’ with safegame that we have tried to address in response to your feedback.

If you’re having problems, see if it's something we already know the answer to below ;)

1) “I’ve been timed out during mapstart/checks”
The timeout value is now set to the maximum Safegame will allow (60 secs). If you still get timeouts, there’s nothing you can do except reconnect….If at all, it should now only happen on large maps on slower computers.

2) “I’ve been kicked with the message below..
[LEVEL 2 INSECURITY DETECTED] xxxxxxxxx
GUID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx IP: xxx.xxx.xxx, Version: 3339, OS: Windows
Render Device: D3DRenderDevice, Audio Device: ALAudioSubsystem
Insecurity Description: Multiple File MD5s Detected [OnslaughtBP]
Additional Information: MD5's Found: 2
[CLIENT DISCONNECT] xxxxxxxx
Safegame does not allow more than 1 copy of any file in your 2k4 folders. This includes the cache. OnslaughtBP is generating a lot of problems with this check because people download the ECE file from the server into their cache and then later, install the real ECE pack which creates another file in the System folder. Safegame detects 2 versions of the same file and kicks you. Often, clearing your cache will solve the problem, but if not you’re gonna have to search for the duplicate file and delete it

3) “I’ve been kicked during skin checks or for an ‘Illegal File’ but I know I’m not cheating!!”
Don’t panic! Although Safegame is supposed to be compatible with the ECE and all other bonus packs, this release is still a beta so there may be some ‘unjustified’ kicks or you may have simply installed something safegame doesnt recognise. If you are kicked however, Safegame will tell you the reason why and identify the suspicious/offending file(s) for you. Simply delete the files or uninstall the Bonus Pack/Mutator etc they belong to and reconnect

4) “The Checks take too long at Startup and Lag my Computer!”
We’ve tweaked some of the checks Safegame makes which has made a small impact on the time checks take. We have also increased the map start time from 60 secs to 90 secs on Mapchange. This should allow most to be completely verified before the new map starts. There is hope that the final release of this version of Safegame will reduce the check times further but at the moment, there is nothing further we can do to reduce the time of checks.

5) "I've come off a server running Safegame 5e and been kicked by Safegame 6"
If you've been on a Safegame 5e server before joining a beta6 server, you will be kicked. To avoid this problem, clear your cache before joining the server to delete the downloaded 5e files.

Updated instructions on installation for server admins can be found here. Download links for Beta6 are at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
Only problem I been having with SafeGame is this one:

The map loads.......... The maps loads a little longer then normal (Wich is weird, doesnt happen in any other gametype...). Then the map is finally loaded... I enter the game when the map just started..
Wich pretty much means I have to play around 40 secs later because the SafeGame mod is checking ALOT of files or something...

(That checking is equivelant of playing As-Siege3 on a Pentium 75mhz..)

Furthermore I see people getting kicked of the server because some game files were not correct or something..

sneez said:
The map loads.......... The maps loads a little longer then normal (Wich is weird, doesnt happen in any other gametype...). Then the map is finally loaded... I enter the game when the map just started..
Wich pretty much means I have to play around 40 secs later because the SafeGame mod is checking ALOT of files or something...
Read #4
sneez said:
Furthermore I see people getting kicked of the server because some game files were not correct or something..
You have talked about something like this before, saying people were kicked for having two of the same files.
I assume this is still what you mean or have you found people getting kicked for having alternated files?
If it's the two versions of same file, it is because you have a file in your cache that is already in any other folder in the UT2004 dir.
Cleaning the cache should solve this.

subZ said:
Read #4
You have talked about something like this before, saying people were kicked for having two of the same files.
I assume this is still what you mean or have you found people getting kicked for having alternated files?
If it's the two versions of same file, it is because you have a file in your cache that is already in any other folder in the UT2004 dir.
Cleaning the cache should solve this.

What if I don't want to clean my cache because there are important files in it? :hangover:

Re:

Safegame causes the following for me and others.

Slows down UT2004, I get less fps with it on than without.
Almost 2 minutes of lag at the start of a map.
Longer loading times.
Kicking people from servers for no reason that I can decern.

On the kicking issue, it always seems to be the same people on the server, no matter how far the match is in, or if they leave and rejoin. The recent SUYMvRC match was ruined by safegame.

They already extended the waiting time between the maps Andy. Also some checks were cut off so the checking doesnt lag as much. For the kicking problem it is due to some cache files or something :P

I have some other questions: Will there be SafeGame in ONS Aswell?

And if both clans agree, is it possible to play a match without SafeGame?

the problem with safe is that in the first run of the match with practise round its oke because when prax round is ready safegame is ready so the clan that has 2 atack second lags his ass off so maybe trow in a prax round 4 both rounds i know it will take longer but i geus a little more fair.:moon:

Re:

There has been an improvement specially on the lag it creates but it still kills my frames, Gazzz from X has the same prob, almost halves mine at times.

Yeah it doesnt take it too long to check u now, but as andy says it does seem to affect FPS for some reason

I hope the developement of SG will find a solution to this.

But we should be grateful for him/them even trying to make a decent anti cheat :)

Reactions: Gazzy