Richard Burns Rally

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Menace

I eat babies!
Nov 10, 2001
Grunn, Netherlands
Has anyone played this?
It is said to be the most realistic Rally simulator out there, and bloody hell, it sure is a simulation.

At first I was bothered by the insane difficulty, as was my brother.
But after running through the basic and advanced rally school we got pretty fucking excited to say the least.

Unlike Colin Mcrae where you can just fuck around as much as you like and actually end up with a better time than the AI, you'll have to actually attend to rally school where you have to learn, study and apply alot of real techniques such as left-foot breaking, handbrake cornering and many more (that have all been made very, very nicely into the game) if you don't do this, you're screwed.

Also, if you don't concentrate for even a second, even on a straight bit of track you could very well be screwed. it demands alot, and only feels good with a steering wheel :D

The only downside of the game is that the cars feel a bit light, and the sense of speed will fuck you up so many times in the beginning, especially if you're used to any other rally game.

Colin Mcrae: This turn is to be taken at 70km/h, I'm doing 80kmph atm, I might aswell speed up to 100 cuz I know I can make it through this corner using break, accelerator, whenever I want and however I want to in the middle of the turn (and you usually make it out of the turn alive on instincts alone, lol)

Richard Burns: This turn is apparantly to be taken at 70km/h, I'm scared to shit so I'm doing it at 50km/h, I need to figure out in a split-second what technique could be best for this turn, and apply it properly.

This game is fucking scary. and I don't recommend it to anyone with little patience, no love for the rally sport or drunk ppl :P

If you thought monkeyball was frustrating/hard, think again, this game will get your blood boiling to the max if you already got pissed off by monkeyball :P
Then again, applying a technique you learnt in a tough corner and making it through the corner perfectly is intensely satisfying it *will* give you an instant boner if you're into rally races :)

I suggest renting it anyway if you're into simulations, give it a go, don't forget to try the rally school first or you'll be pissed off to no end. (you won't make it to the finish line with damage set to full, my estimation) my brother got the rental version and he'll buy it as soon as he has to return it :p:
(or I'll kill him)

That'll be enough for one post, too many words to keep ppl interested I guess :p: just posting this because I know that 90% of the Colin Mcrae players will fucking hate it, curse it, never realise how shit they are and how über real rally-drivers are and eventually go back to their simple, almost arcade-like game =)

Reactions: Martz