Red Dead Redemption

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez

Jun 11, 2001
I'm opening the package as I'm typing this. Anybody else got this beauty?
Starting my ps3 now for some good ol' western fun :D!

Trailers and gameplay:

(watch in youtube for HD)
Trailer:

Gameplay Trailer:

Never liked the GTA series (tried them all though) so I'm gonna skip this one as well!

This looks impressive indeed:

I almost shit my pants from laugh today at work watching it.

:lol: donkey woman
Haven't encountered such bugs so far :( Could kinda expect it on a 'gta' engine.

Heard of that game yeah, still cant decide if i want to buy it for my PS3...
is it worth the money? is it like a GTA game put into a western style?

Yeah It's like gta put into western style + alot of extra's. And the multiplayer is awesome :)

Online it's a bit like the leveling system of modern warfare, with challenges, and unlockables.

waiting for PC release...want it now!!!!!
boohooooo :bawling:
Liked Call of Juarez, because of the unusual Cowboy scenario. i also liked GTA for it's gameplay + free world.

So Call of Juarez + GTA gameplay = perfect!!!!

coz i need a mouse and keyboard. plus i would have to buy a console, which i dont want for just one game ;)
(i am not playing that much anymore)

Yeah It's like gta put into western style + alot of extra's. And the multiplayer is awesome :)

Online it's a bit like the leveling system of modern warfare, with challenges, and unlockables.
I'm wondering about that actually. How does the freeroam multiplayer work? Do you just join a "world" which has some players in it and it functions as a lobby for other things, or? This is what I understood from some of the trailers/reviews I read, but it's hard to imagine it without having seen it, I suppose.

Sounds nice, im just wondering if the PS3 online multiplayer will stay active for a long time.
Bought Army of Two: 40th day a while ago, for that game its a pain in the ass to find a good lobby or any players, so i lost interest quite fast.
I only play CoD MW2 online on the PS3 wich has a huge fanbase, but a crappy matchmaking system.

If the multiplayer is worth it, i might buy it.

coz i need a mouse and keyboard. plus i would have to buy a console, which i dont want for just one game ;)
(i am not playing that much anymore)

Buy a PS3, there are a lot of good titles for it, and a lot of nice upcoming releases.:P

EDIT:
Ive read somewhere that the PS3 version is a Xbox360 port, wich uses upscaled 640p to 720p, and not native 720p like the Xbox version has.
Are the graphics any good?

Last edited:
Multiplayer is a free roam world, where you can do challenges: killing wildlife, lawmen(police) chases , or player vs cpu 'hideouts'. or killing other players also gives EXP.

I haven't played much online (only lvl 15) but everytime I go into 'free roam' there are people in the 'server'. the server(free roam) also acts as a lobby, you can start different kind of games in certain city's. (player vs player: gold run, shootouts. I think there are also some race games).

Inviting friends is easy too, you can invite them to your server, and also start 'posses' (groups) to do the hideouts and challenges together, loads of fun :D!

+ the single player is also loads of fun.