Rad 9700pro v Opengl

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Originally posted by Spirit
loooooooool turned it up to 20000 last night just for the hell of it - was averaging between 200 and 350 depending on the map :D

Got 412 at one point :p: So guess it can't be capped at 200 or I wouldn't of been able to get that...

Gotta love my system ;)
Well it also depends on your type of conn...

And now tell me - where's the difference between the 412 and the 150 apart from the little number in the corner? x)

Not bad though

There's no big difference within UT - although it does have some implications; if I can achieve 400+ in good places, in the harder places where lesser systems struggle to maintain a reasonable rate, I will still be up at 150 :D

But what it really means is 6 months down the line in games like Doom 3 I will still be running at a more than acceptable fps :D

Edit: Sorry, the chances of Doom3 being out in 6 months time are equivalent to a snowballs chance in hell - lets say Unreal2 for now :D

Last edited:
AA

I got np playing with opengl Spirit.
I downloaded the opengl from this thread http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19888
and used the opengl settings there

Try that if you haven't already.
I use d3d though cause I like that more than openGL.

I get 350 fps for a second or two on mazon as well but mostly its around 200.
I still get low fps on desertstorm. At the underground when I attack I get 30 fps when I benchmark using stdAS matchdemos.
But I used to get about half the fps there before so it's a big difference anyway :)

Yeah I got all the oen settings from Caz's thread cos I used them with my Rad 8500 before, but still aint working. with the 8500 opengl was loads better, but maybe thats not the case with the 9700, anyways Im happy with what I got for now :D

Seems your fps arent quite as high as mine, I do get low fps on desert, but never below 100 except for in the underground if its crowded, and then it goes down to about 60-80.