Pug bitching and bans

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Mym if people don't want to see someone's lol binds or whatever they can use togglemute, as I do every time I play DFP. Maybe it would be better if you stopped paying for the pug server and also closed the channel for a while, give everyone time to stfu and grow up a bit. Some of the comments flying around these days are way out of line and far beyond a few spammed binds or whatever - the sort of comments you would never make irl to someone's face and comments that say far more about the person making them than the person they're directed at. I don't like heavy-handed admining, but if you close the server you won't have to admin it at all :clap:

And I know ppl will say 'well why should I be stopped from playing pugs because of the actions of a few dickheads?', and to that I'd say we should either have a pug channel / server on which everyone behaves themselves and shows respect, or no pugging at all - the grey areas in the middle are not working, thanks to a small minority.

I like some banter with my opposition and my own team, muting either enemy or everyone because there is someone midlessly spamming binds shouldnt be a sacrifice that needs to be made. I can mute all specs or the whole server if people find controlling themselves too hard but its again not something I want to do and shouldnt even need considering.

Ive been told that I dont gain anything by making people not want to play, they seem to forget that not having to pay for a server or having to deal with the countless petty PMs about pug games is quite a gain.

well i know my uzi bind is the one that triggered all this
but im gonna be honest, uzi has a problem with everyone

he flames you on ts, in pm, in teamspeak if you arent up to his level

its taht elitest attitude that "ruins the fun of pugs"

i never spam that bind unless he goes off talkin shit and dropping from pugs. why is he not dealt with?
why can he reset pug 3 times just to fuck with it?

why cant people jsut say gg that was fun, your the better team?

*** me uzi riv played same team last night in epic 3-4 :01 final map pug
best pug in ages, we had to apologize several times on ts to eachother but it was great fun :D

i asked months ago to be admin, but i guess since i talk back to those who are starting the shit im a trouble maker...

LEARN SOME RESPECT!

hahaha MyM seems like ur own RULES was not so appreciated after all!.......

IMO a joke to this community....if u cant handle 2 -->.5 lol binds then dont play....

And why banning me when 3-4 more players spammed more lol binds than me. ...eh??

AND yes as Heidi said. there are other players to ban who really acts in a "nonfriendly" way towards other playersFocus on these players instead of some lol binds spammed during pug.

and as free said, the more rules. the less fun.

as i said a joke.....

but HEY im back in 2 hours unbanned! innit.!!!!!

im gonna do like Ulv. Gossip and sneak every thing thats going on every player. Thats what u get. Lets make even more ppl banned so we can have 1 pug a week as its only 30 active players left in this leuage......

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

well i know my uzi bind is the one that triggered all this
but im gonna be honest, uzi has a problem with everyone

:lol: Last pugs I played with uZi and Riv that wasn't the case at all! If you flame them so hard they're convinced they have small willies and their lives amount to nothing before they can start flaming you then all's well. Also you can always find mutual ground with anyone by calling Axl a bellend or pointing out that Torp's a flamer. The world is a happy place!

i thought it was hysterical that Uzi tried to say something adult-like.. imo just set some ground rules to keep the harmony.. if u get banned ( due to setting an example ;) ) just take it like a man.

pogo, I've already admitted that I go too far. But you saying you "only spam your bind when im talking shit" - cmon.. the other night you did it after I simply left the server to try the tunnel (as my ping was bad). You have things like that for one reason: to wind someone up and get a reaction.

Also, maybe I've said something out of frustration, everyone does it.. but immediately jumping onto my back when I'm obviously frustrated about something.. how does that help anything? - You think that you commenting is going to get me less frustrated? Again, how many times has a huge drama happened in irc or a game because someone couldn't just keep their mouth shut when someone else was obviously frustrated?

Just a little example:

Person A is defending an objective. Person B comes in, and gets the objective. Person A maybe had a lag spike, or maybe for some reason Person B bounced off a rocket, or had their own lag spike and warped it. This happens all the time. At this point, maybe Person A says something along the lines of "ffs lag". Now this could mean anything, it could mean he lagged, it could mean the other person lagged, the server lagged.. whatever - does it really matter? no, he's simply venting his frustration at the fact he failed to hold an objective. Now - If everyone else on the server at this point stays quiet and makes no snide remarks, Person A will 99/100 times probably just forget about it and carry on, not another word will be said about it. However, suppose Person B and/or Person C decide to go LOLZ l2aim/ u suck / fuck u i dont lag u cuntburgler / etc.. Then this makes it a lot more likely that Person A is going to make another comment back to them. This then escalates into a flame war, which results in drama in the game (usually ruining a few maps as they flame each other), and then on IRC, maybe with MyM getting annoyed by ppl complaining about it.

How could this be avoided?

Well, Person A could stop himself getting frustrated.. however since the bad thing has just happened to him.. maybe he has some kind of right to say "ffs lag" - after all, no one actually knows what he's referring to. Either way, this one is hard to stop as its in the heat of the moment - we all have our moments of weakness.

However, Person B/C on the other team could quite easily stop themselves from being antagonists and simply be quietly smug in the knowledge that they just got an objective, or possibly just choose to look on the positive side and think that the other person is referring to lag on their own end, and is not accusing anyone of any form of wrong doing at all.

I'm sure you can think of plenty more examples

This is the thing which I was complaining to MyM about (not just you, plenty of people do it) is people deliberately shit stirring when someone is already frustrated at something, and watching with glee as they lose their temper. It's schoolyard bullshit, and it needs to stop. People were immediately in the server winding DJ up even more last night after he was banned (I'll be honest, I'm not fully aware of what happened, but I saw plenty of stuff on reporter channel) - why were people doing this? Just leave the guy alone to cool down.. its so much easier ffs.

And Jackel - nice to see a mod providing another excellent example of attempting to wind someone up with short snide comments - cheers m8

Last edited:
I give up, are you reading anything typed DJ or are you reading what you want to see?

These arent my rules, these are rules that have always been in pug, im now enforcing them, but well done for noticing they were already laid down in the past.
I dont really care if people like them or not, the point of something like this isnt to win friends is it.

I agree, there are people going to get banned for their behaviour if they keep it up but is there anywhere Ive said above im banning all binds and doing nothing else or am I actually taking some of the taunting binds used and getting people to calm down their use. Some of the aggro has been caused by these binds, someone can use the same bind every headshot then its a taunt no matter how minor you see it, I have no interest in banning all binds where would the fun be in that but at least use some common sense when using them.

And Ulv has nothing to do with your ban in any way shape or form so stop bringing his name up :lol

You were told most of that last night, dont know why I have to repeat myself

yes uzi, you are right tahts why were on a truce, sponsored by dede.

shame about the pug though, you were unreliable and cost me a good nights sleep
i had to cry in my pillow :(

gg though kekekekke

when do i flame anymore smant? wenever i flame, its a flame in a friendly way, i always tell pogo hes shit but he knows its all for fun, and i usually do it to other ppl i know wont get pissed off about it. Havent flamed any1 since torp ages ago, and that wasnt even a proper flame.

Play by the rules or don't play, goodjob :thumb:

:thumb:

It seems a big cleaning thunderstorm occured. It needs a lot of thunder and lightning that Mym will be manifested himself inside the storm.

1) Each one can work on his own behavior more than any one else can do it.

2) The line of humor can also be a narrow crest or ridge.

3) If you get asked by someone that doesnt feel well with a situation and objects a valid wound point, is it that complicated to think about the other person or player and try to feel what he thinks?

4) Try to show more respect to others yourself and you will earn respect from others.

5) :calm: can help every overheated player.

It's schoolyard bullshit, and it needs to stop. People were immediately in the server winding DJ up even more last night after he was banned

EHHHH????

I dont think u really know what happend there.

I made one hell of a save on Siege when 3seconds left on Salva. Taunted as i always do, so did he and he also said "Nice Shot", it actually was quiet a nice shot but bit lucky.

AS i taunted 4--> 5 Jizzed i got banned for that save without even knowing the new rulez.

Now how fcuked up is that.?! GG admins. U might ban other ppl next time winding ppl up instead of ppl actuallly trying to play and have fun. YES i agree u can ban for shooting ppl down bridge etc but common grow some sense please.

and to ppl who dont know what happend, plz just shut it or perhaps i tell admins ur harassing me

-LoL-

But what youve written didnt happen, I already said I cant see a problem with someone spamming a bind every so often, the case youve highlighted in my opinion would be fine.

You spammed your DJ jizzed 24 times in the first map, not one off 4 or 5 times, be it for headhots saves or whatever, if you think you only did it 4 or 5 times in one hit like you said then you obviously dont realise you are doing it that much or being very selective when recalling things.

And again they arent new rules, im just enforcing them.

YES the case i wrote above DID actually happen. I made that shot and YES i JIZZED!

u heard about "Togglemute" by the way ?! Those who "CRY" perhaps can use that and let the rest keep having fun............

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl:

Good rules Mym. Any1 Flaming MyM Is Very Unappreciating. You Forget Pug Went Down For A Week And Who Went To The Trouble Of Fixing It Even Though He Hardly Plays.

i reckon mym shud just ban you for continuously being a dick dj, he banned u for one day so u cry like a bitch. wtf. mym, you pay for server and hes just posted shit all day so just ban him and make ur life easy! u dnt deserve this for wat u do

YES the case i wrote above DID actually happen. I made that shot and YES i JIZZED!

u heard about "Togglemute" by the way ?! Those who "CRY" perhaps can use that and let the rest keep having fun............

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl:

Or you could just follow the rules or not play. Pretty simple really....