Public - Fun matches

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What do you think about Public-fun matches?

• Impossible to get this working because of....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WildLee

~dzz~ Moderator
Mar 10, 2006
Europe/CZE/Brno
Hi,
as many of us have noticed that league matches are not, what they were used to be, we were looking for some other games. But seriously, I dont think we can all meet in some other game.

I was thinking about Fun matches played on public server, like DoG. (Yes, yes, there are PUGs , but thanks, I am not interestid)

We could make some list of days and times, when most of us will try to come.

There are many reasons, why I think this could be fun.
1. No need of exact number of players. On DoGs servers are usually many other players willing to play.
2. Not so serious. If you sign in and dont come, miss it or something - noone will blame you.
3. No time limits for fun. You can play as long as you want. You can play just a few maps, or a whole night.
4. I am hoping - that we will make DoG servers more interesting for non-league players.

Oposite: We could ruin the game for lamers. -- True, but i think this would happen only if we are in same team(All of us). Remember, we are playing for fun.

Last edited:
Fucking nice idea :) anyway if you see me at ICQ / MSN contact me and i should be ready :P

So, thx to owning results of pool (for now) I am about to start working on details. This is how it should work.

I post a day when some "match" should be, together with time. (We should not call it a match, but just a tournament, I think. Because of changing teams...)

1. This day should not mess any match in the league. For the beginning avoiding dzz matches should be enough.

2. Time will be mostly set at 19:00 GTM or later, 20:00 GTM. However, If you are willing to play, you should get there sooner, due to the limit ox maximum players on the server.

3. We all could use dzz teamspeak server. (Erm, Fuler, wouldn´t that be a problem, right?) More fun, better teamplay. But, we need to solve the problem with changing teams. So i am suggesting some rule like: Communication about tactics allowed only for defenders. Better ideas are welcomed.

4. When we reach number of, let say 6-8 players, we are definitely moving to the DoG Customs.

5. If the server is full, do not use the method of "switching spectrator off" for getting in. it is not very kind for higher pingers. (I dont even know If that is still working....)

6. Do not forget to follow DoG´s rules. Especially the one saying: "Assholes not welcomed." :lol:

7. Try to make the game even as much as possible. When you feel like it is not, ask somebody from other team to switch with you.

Im affried that it will not be possible because of too many fools like !ipo and othere lamers..

Could be cool if it would happend.... good luck.

If u like I can arrange a server, I just need help for settings.

I got a server running 24-7 with CoD-4 Team speak 3
I think there could be space for a little public UT99 server too....

that also gives ~Dzz~ admin rights on the server :D
Can run it bit like PUG match.

Give me a call on ICQ (Mex and Fuler got me number) if u want me to put ut on the server.

Last edited:
sure put UT on this server, will be dzz server where we can play fun matches anytime. i dont use icq anymore, u can contact me IRC utapug chanel every evening/night

Mainly, i think that moving to another server then DoG´s will make it a bit closed for new players. Most of people are playing at DoG only.

But yes, this will solve our trouble with changigng teams. Perhaps if we can make it without password for enter the team, but teams staying the same, that would be really great.

okay, ill take a look on it this upcomming weekend.

Still need some help about the settings of the server.

- Mapvote
- UT pure or something else to protect against cheats.
- Redirect download of maps.

UT noob needs help :hangover:

Fuler may help SnowCat, when he returnes for Germany (job)
That will be around ... well, he should be back already! :D

Yeah, Guardia is not skipped everytimes it comes. But if more ppls vote for skip...
Anyway, it was meant to be played on some public server, coz of another players then what we gets. And again, no needs of exactl number of palyers, not so serious ala when you dont come, nothing happens.... and so on.