ProAS: <<SpR>> 8 - 0 ]>BO<[ - 10/02/2005

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Your welcome, its even more satisfying seeing you leave Pro assault. Ill cry with guilt tonight for owning you with my cheats and hacks! :(

Grow up.

Reactions: Snuggs
Also sarcasm aside, Ive had enough of flames from people for no reason. Your reason being i use netspeed: 5500. You had a go at me, not Inspire (Sandy), who had the same netspeed as well.

I use netspeed 5500 to limit my fps - i get a constant ~85fps which makes my ut performance very smooth. Mid game I used for a map or two netspeed : 10 000. That made my bloody UT fps jump from 160 to 85 constantly, it actually began making me feel "sea" sick. The motion was making me dizzy. In every game i play, offline or online i sync my FPS to my monitor to give me a smoother game play. This isnt something new, its very simple concept. You lost maps when i used 10000netspeed and when i used 5500 netspeed. No pleasing you.

Ill play with whatever netspeed I feel like, as long as I gain maximum performance while playing. If you dont like it, then I advice you to fuck off instead of flaming me. To be honest im surprised I am even explaining to you the reason I have my netspeed.

I dont appreciate playing a friendly game to get abuse by you every map. You come posting here more abuse, your 29/30 and tell me to get a life? Well thats just a bit ironic and funny to me.

Oh and if you hate my netspeed so much, perhaps tell Paa who also uses a similar netspeed to change his. Just a pity he wasn't playing today.

Goodnight.

indeed just cap ur FPS as farac said, coz i and some others find it much extremely much harder to hit u at ur current netspeed. same goes for tween and any other copycats.

mine is 85 constant capped with a much worse pc then urs i use 10000 netspeed.

altho ur free to use wotever netspeed u like, im just telling u it makes u harder to hit.

Last edited:
no offence MC (!), but i have to agree with farac and x-bomb
u can limit ur FPS in the ini...i do that for 2 or 3 years now

it´s very hard to hit some1 with a 5000 netspeed...and it´s 1 of the main reasons why i loose my interest in Assault ......more and more :\

it pisses me of to play on puplics/matches against some minigun-div1 fags with a 5000 netspeed
they rape u in 1 second...and u can´t hit em cause they jump/slide 1 or 2 m all the time....i see more lagsliders these days than 4 years ago on ISDN :eyeroll:
it´s very annoying to see some1 with a 40 ping...sliding through the maps :mad:

if u play with low netspeed u learn fast where to aim, but if u play against diffrent netspeeds on a server...u need to aim everytime to a diffrent place 4 diffrent players....and that´s :wanker:

also i saw a few players changing their netspeed in matches all the time
on def they had a 10000+, and on attack they swaped to 5000- ...to lagslide to the objectives
other lame thing is that some players start a d/l if they on attack while playin a match :rolleyes:
(and that´s no joke....the peeps i mean will know it.....)

maybe i´m dreaming....but it´s funny to read all the specs about "über" PC´s and card´s from many players, like 3500 athlons and geforce10938493493 (whatever)...and then they want to tell me that they need to play UT (a nearly 6 year old game !!!!!! ) on 640x480 and a 2600 netspeed :spit:

IMO there should be a minimum netspeed limit in UTA... based on ur conection
but i´m tired to start "forum" revolutions all the time
che.gif

but i can understand u in 1 point ....poof´s moaning sux 2 sometimes :p:

Reactions: X-Bomb and Moon
Using netspeed to cap fps is actually less reliable than you may think Mc.

To cap your FPS more efficiently, I beleive you must turn V-sync on and set the RefreshRate value in (for example) OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice to 60/70/72/75/85 etc. As well as keeping your FPS stable, this will also eliminate 90% of mouselag problems.

The problem with having a "Minimum Netspeed" cap in UTA would be that you then prohibit those with higher pings having a decent online experience.

IMO there should be a variable netspeed option, similar to UT2k4, tho I don't know how feasible that would be to code.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuggs
As i pointed out, my ut runs good and thats all that matters. You can whine and moan, ive heard it for years and it really doesnt bother me now.

I have no problems hitting my brother, hitting sandy, hitting ert, hitting paa, hitting trafy, hitting torpedo, hitting hogo, hitting raichu with his variable netspeeds, player x,y,z.

It's excuses and if i have no problems, you shouldnt have any problems.
I'm not sure if the thread regarding excuses for losing matches included netspeed ,because i think this is a new favourite going around.

Also if you dont think i dont know about limiting v UT.ini your mistaken. It gives me mouselag limiting it that way and my monitor concaves around the left and right sides. Secondly I limit my fps with my ati control panel forcing opengl to use vsinc and specify the values as you put it 60/70/80 etc in my UT.ini. I have no mouselag and my ut performance is very good. That's all that matters.

I'm not around to please you or anyone else. Ironic thing is that when netspeed becomes an issue, im highlighted out of the 30+ users who use netspeeds between 5500 and 8000, i wonder why that is?

Basically stop using netspeed as an excuse to you getting killed/not aiming, I can understand with 2600 netspeed, ive personally experienced the effect it has on broadband users.

Implement your variable netspeed, fine. Until then if you still think the 5500 is a conspiracy among the l33t!! to make life more difficult then i suggest you leave the server or come complaining on the forums which is the general trend nowadays.

Better still go complain to all 8 of these players from just a random game the other day: 8/12 players all trying to be intentionally lame and make themselves hard to hit? Give me a break.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~aryant/lamers.JPG

Flame and bitch on! :!ola:

I use 10000 for years and past 2-3 weeks been using 20000 since the weirdo said it might help in assault games i limt my fps with opengl fps limit have done for a long time.

Reactions: thePROPHET!
I stopped using netspeed 5500/5440 to limit mby fps along time ago for the simple reason i LAGGED everywhere... you have a adsl connection dont use a isdn netspeed :)

lol mc :P for some reason when i use d3d i need around netspeed 5000 or my UT character seems to run twice as fast (most noticeable on DM), but with openGL 13337 NS is fine :>