Point System - URGENT READ for all

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNeill

McMastah
Jun 8, 2001
Aberdeen
Hi,

As many of you where aware we had a point system in place which we have been using for at least 2 weeks now. The system is pretty good but I have decided to make a fresh new post for modifications and for easy reference.

Point system structure

One point will be given to every guild member that attends an instance. Each member will have several points for the different instances.

The points can be used for members to vote for a SET item or any BLUE item they have their hearts content on.

The drawback is, one you use up your points for that item you want. The points you have earned drop back down to ZERO.

Originally the point system was for set pieces only, however due to popular demand; people also require weapons and other items which normally require a lot of farming. This system allows anyone to obtain any item at the price of using up all their points.

If more than one member has equal points for an instance, which is generally the case for the higher level raids which uses the same people, then the normal loot rules will apply. Everyone will roll and see who is lucky. The person to win will automatically have their points reduced to ZERO, to give other people in that class chances for other drops.

This is the bit where things can get complicated. Say for example, stratholme run. Member A has 4 pieces out of a possible 5 set drop. It will entitle member B to obtain all other pieces of the set without any “objections” or point usage.
If member B wins say at least 1 set item by default and then the one set piece item which member A requires drops. He should be allowed to get it out of fairness. It’s unfair for a member to take all set item drops by default (because member A already has it), not use up any points and then also take advantage of his points to obtain the one item which would be of any contest. Bit complicated I know, but if you read it closely you will understand what I mean. Therefore this is one example in which the point system will not be allowed to be taken advantage of.

Also as a side note, people who go on raids will be required to have read this thread, therefore this makes you ‘legally’ contracted with the rules. If during the instance, someone rolls on an item by mistake, which the member with most points would have used to obtain. He defaults all his points, if the case they have none, they will obtain no points for 2 runs. This is harsh, but it will make sure people think twice before clicking “roll”.

Notes:

The point system will be very much more accurate if people take time to mail me a list of people participating in a specific instance, who won what and at what time and date it took place. I don’t want 100s of mails from the same instance. I want the designated raid leader who is taking responsibility for that instance to take the role of mailing me that information.

Finally, I’m working on a web-based or at the very least a spreadsheet version of the point system for each member on every instance; this will be updated weekly and will provide some info for members and for any arguments in the case when I’m not available.

Thanks all for reading this; let’s have fun in game by keeping to these rules to help every one of you.

--Shiraz

read and signed

One remark tho, I feel that a weekly update of the point system won't do.
As patient as I try to be I'd love to check on my points every day :D

I would vote for creating a webapplication to handle this which doesn't seem so difficult to custom build just takes some days of effort put in. I'd love to give it a try and build a webapplication to automate the events and points according to our lootsystem.

Also I feel we lack some sort of event planner. Posting on the forum is one thing combining the event planner with the raidlootsystem in one webapplication to automate the whole event/plan/raid/point-system into a clear overview scoreboard of planned and past events is what i'm thinking of...

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Sart. here. a weekly update on points will not work, some of us do 4-6 instances a day and a update a week makes the points system old before you even update it. A daily update is almost a most, like before you log out and go to bed, you sum up the stats fast and type in forum or something..as I said Shiraz, it will require loads from you, but I think we need a more accureate system them weekly

thx /later

I urge people to read the lines raid. This doesnt apply to party runs. It can only be point affected when more then 2 wants the same item.

I do sense a problem if epics drop

Status
Not open for further replies.