Playstation 3 Appreciation Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

anyone going to buy Killzone 3?

Currently im playing the SP of KZ2 and awaiting my final judgement on that story. So far the story of kz2 isnt that good, so hopes it turns out better than now

I didn't get Killzone 3 yesterday and it didn't arrive today but hopefully I will have it in the mail tomorrow. The swedish mail service isn't what it used to be... I know that the multiplayer part is great (they finally fixed the controls) and I liked the story in the two first games :) And in march there is 3 other games I have to play: Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2 and Homefront. Lucky enough only Homefront is a multiplayer game so I will ahave time for Killzone 3 even in the future.

Dead island looks fun but has been in development for ages and still no release date, not even a release year...

Killzone 3 had way too many things I didn't like so not gonna get it for now at least. Single player demo was pretty generic and boring so multiplayer, which was average (at least beta), would be the only reason for me to buy it. I'll reconsider after a price drop.

I didn't get Killzone 3 yesterday and it didn't arrive today but hopefully I will have it in the mail tomorrow. The swedish mail service isn't what it used to be... I know that the multiplayer part is great (they finally fixed the controls) and I liked the story in the two first games :) And in march there is 3 other games I have to play: Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2 and Homefront. Lucky enough only Homefront is a multiplayer game so I will ahave time for Killzone 3 even in the future.

Got Killzone 3 last weekend and been playing it for a while now. Single Player is rather short imo. I'm someone who mostly plays SP because I just suck at multiplayer. Story is much better than Killzone2. There's more connection with the characters in my opinion.
As far as the platinum trophy. I'm almost there. Just need to finish some story related trophies and need to complete the game on elite difficulty.

Last edited:
I already sold the game because i got the platinum (dont really care for mp) and it's still worth some money now.
I've got like 50 euro's to spend (got a cheque for some games I sold) and I was thinking of Infamous (yea it's kinda old) and perhaps crysis2.
Anyone got infamous and care to share your thoughts about the game? or can recommend another cheap old game (bayonetta, castlevania, or enslaved? )

Last edited:
I already sold the game because i got the platinum (dont really care for mp) and it's still worth some money now.
I've got like 50 euro's to spend (got a cheque for some games I sold) and I was thinking of Infamous (yea it's kinda old) and perhaps crysis2.
Anyone got infamous and care to share your thoughts about the game? or can recommend another cheap old game (bayonetta, castlevania, or enslaved? )

While infamous is fun in the beginning, things get so repetetive, especially the side missions. But then i still think its well worth the 20 euros i spend on it. It's basically a 3rd person shooter (with platforming) only instead of bullets and grendades, you shoot lightning.

Bayonetta and Castlevanio seemed good games for the bits i played of it at a m8's. Most reviews are very positive about all games u listed :)

If you want infamous, you might as well wait for infamous 2 which is coming out in june... It includes a mission creator amd will probably surpass the first one in every way anyway...

Next games I'm looking forward to are:

Mortal kombat 9 - try the demo, the gameplay feels extremely fluent and old skool, plus the gore is incredible
L.A Noire - Red dead redemption made me believe in rockstar again after GTA 4 shittiness. Day one buy for me, just check out the gameplay trailer
F.E.A.R 3 - probably get this for PC tho

I moved in feb and my flatmate got a big system (ps3, 5.1, massive screen etc), and I'm wondering if it's worth buying crysis2 for ps3, wud be the 1st game ever ill buy for a console, cos I never used to play on it regularly...
Are ego-shooters really that bad on consoles? My comp aint the best, but it'd work, so if it's worth going for the highest gfx settings and a bombastic sound system or just spend 20eur less on a PC game...

Any opinions? :hm:

If you want infamous, you might as well wait for infamous 2 which is coming out in june... It includes a mission creator amd will probably surpass the first one in every way anyway...

Next games I'm looking forward to are:

Mortal kombat 9 - try the demo, the gameplay feels extremely fluent and old skool, plus the gore is incredible
L.A Noire - Red dead redemption made me believe in rockstar again after GTA 4 shittiness. Day one buy for me, just check out the gameplay trailer
F.E.A.R 3 - probably get this for PC tho

Yes true on that, but it might be handy to know infamous 1 story before I start with infamous 2?
As for your games.. Mortal Kombat 9 looks ace, but not a must buy for me. Maybe when it's a budget game. L.A. Noire (Not my type of game).. Makes me think, what happened to the game called AGENT which was supposed to be PS3 only?
Fear deffo not my type of game.

I'm just waiting for Infamous 2 and the ICO/SOTC collection. Perhaps Crysis2 because the reviews are all really good atm. But Free^. If you're new to consoles you might not want to start with crysis2 as your first shooter imo. Shooters on consoles it's a love/hate thing. It's got a learning curve to handle the controls and such. Killzone2/3 were my first shooters on consoles and it took a while to get into it. As for graphics. It's good on consoles as well. Only with high end gaming systems you might get better results.

I'm currently (as a playstation plus subscriber) playing the beta of SOCOM 4. Which actually surprised me quite a bit. I'm not really a fan of modern day shooters. But playing the beta made me pretty happy so far.

Last edited:
just wondering if anyone got or tried playstation plus by now?
I must say this month it's very attractive to get it.. You can get Red Faction Battlegrounds (which is good fun) for free and Sonic 2 as well.. And you can be part of the Infamous 2 beta :)

I've read about it, lots of cool extra's, and cloud saving! And if you play/like the 'indy' games it's actually cheaper to get Plus, compared to buying all the indy games seperately.

I have used it since they started with it and I like it alot and it's cheap, I mean 480SEK a year is nothing. Plus members also get to test some betas now and then which is nice, some DLCs are free and some of the games as well (PSone, psn, PS3, minis) but you have to check the store from time to time so you don't miss any offers.

New mortal kombat is ace!!! Anybody who has played MK1-3 notices the mechanics are very similar (very fluent!). Relentless gore, fast paced gameplay, cheesy dialogue and voice acting and graphically stunning. A true salute to old skool MK goodness! Really looking forward playing this online once the PSN goes back up.

I've azlways used psn cards to buy stuff and my ps3 password is unique to my ps3 account so i'm not really bothered for myself. But my god.. Sony could get really into trouble with this :o

Damn this is taking really long now with PSN! Luckily I got my Infamous platinum trophy done now I can only play offline ;)

so which games did you or are you gonna choose from the free selection?