Playing UT 2003 :)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I really dont know were to begin .....

It all started with an presentation like " Hi im Mark Rein " ...bla bla bla bla.....

He showed us all about the new UT 2003 options and gamemods and enviroments , effects etc...

Continued with the editor´s new and advanced stuff and also the very cool "easy to use" stuff that will even make a newbie mapper feel confortable.

after that we went to on to the LAN room were 20 pc´s (Amd 1700+ xp, hercules G3 Ti500) waited for us to test all gamemods and compete against the Epic crew. He started DM on the server and we all joined the game and i can only say "Awesome!" ...the game ran as quick as normal UT speed....weapons were so much more advanced. The shock rifle combo was totally bangin, sniper rifle was even cooler (when using the zoom i wet my pants), flak is more fired close together and will only bounce once...And yes you get to kill people with translocator....hehe

While playing the Bomb Run you wil figure out that as you have the ball you will not be able to use any weapon but your health gets autoincreased while avoiding getting shot at. But a cool thing is if you realize that you are getting killed in any second you can pass the ball to your apponent making him not able to shoot you cuz he has the ball, and you will be albe to kill him instead and pick up the ball again after he is dead.... hehe...

when we played ball run i got to play against Mark Rein (who sucked at it!!...oops did i say that out loud just now :D ) by the time my team had taken the lead with 20 - 8 Mark started to shout @ his fellow m8s to start playing as a team ffs...hehe and it all got to the point when he actually walked over to me grabbed my mouse and pushed me off my chair and shouted "Blue leader i got Goofy in position...go go go go" Crazy American ...hehehe...

well there is so much things to tell about the game that i think it would be easier to aswere questions rather than tell a story....hehe

and sorry if ive taking all this time for you reading stuff you already knew about ....hehehe:D

Goofy

(ps!! if you really want more tell what you wanna hear:) )

Last edited:
hehe coool

you lucky basterd :D
which i was there ;)

can't wait till it get's released.
we need screenys ;x

hehe, and they say computer games don't cause violence;)

Thats it im moveing to sweden
fs
100mbit cons and they get games demoed at big lans
i bet the closest we get to a demo lan is chucky egg on a fucking ZX81

P.S. Goof did i mention i hate you and im gonna chop yer balls off when you come over!!!!

They did demo it in the UK, as they have a few countries, unfortunately tho, some of us aren't giving the right "services" to infogrames officials to be able to get an invite :lol:

These things are mainly for the press / other prominent ppl (mTw got a go, cos they are a major famous clan), unless you know ppl in the right places.

how was the dodge/movement?

Sniper needs time to reload?

give us info :P

Last edited:
NO dont tell more, i needs to be a surprise when we ALL can play the ultimate game:cool:

1. How is the damage dealt on a shock combo--more, less, about the same? There have been reports of it having changed somewhat, but the balance of blast radius/damage/fire rate was undecided.

2. Can you still hammer jump? I had read somewhere that the hammer was also used in Bombing Run to pass the bomb, sorta like the fragball mod from long ago. I like the idea, and even without an assault mode I would still like the ability to hammer jump, launch teammates, etc...

3. Is the new default assault rifle effective? would it be useful in warding off spawncampers?

4. WTF is secondary fire on the rox launcher? If the assault rifle's 2ndary fire is a grenade launch, what does the rox launcher do? Some have said that it fires an instant 3-round spread, but I have never bothered to try confirming it.

5. I've never been much of a tele-monkey, but I'm sure others would have questions on how the translocator works now that it uses ammo and the puck has different flight characteristics.

what does the rox launcher do? Some have said that it fires an instant 3-round spread, but I have never bothered to try confirming it.

instantly fires 1 rocket :)