Pimping UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

This textures working pretty well, but i've a question:

On some custom maps (mainly the ones of Grz, like Golgo2 and Subbase) there are similiar textures like the Hires one, but in lowres.
(Check pictures for explanation)
So how can i force UT to use the Hires textures, or was/is it a fault of the mapmakers?

About pictures:
Fist picture is on Hispeed, with HiRes box and floor.
2nd picture is on subbase with Lowres metal floor and lowres box.
3rd pciture is on Frigate with hires metal floor.

So on subbase there should be the hires metal floor of Frigate and the Hires box of Hispeed. Dunno why this is not working :(

Last edited:
This textures working pretty well, but i've a question:

On some custom maps (mainly the ones of Grz, like Golgo2 and Subbase) there are similiar textures like the Hires one, but in lowres.
(Check pictures for explanation)
So how can i force UT to use the Hires textures, or was/is it a fault of the mapmakers?

About pictures:
Fist picture is on Hispeed, with HiRes box and floor.
2nd picture is on subbase with Lowres metal floor and lowres box.
3rd pciture is on Frigate with hires metal floor.

So on subbase there should be the hires metal floor of Frigate and the Hires box of Hispeed. Dunno why this is not working :(

they won´t work cause they´re from a different texture pack

grz took some textures from "original" texture files and put em in a new 1
so he could combine textures from different packs without let people download zillions of packs, if the map uses only 1 or 2 textures of a pack

so those über textures work only for "normal" maps..not 4 customs

that why i gave up usin them

Well, but on Desertstorm (another GRZ map :wow: ) they work as they should :(
he even used two different metal floors which are both in HiRes

So it is deffo casued by the fact that he created his own texture packs, unlike on Desertstorm where he just used the default ones?
Aww pish :crap:

GRZ :spank:

Last edited:
I also try to use that Textures but they dont work (the Textures DB post before). I Use the new D3D9 renderer , Windows Vista 64 bit and the the last nvidia display drivers , had an GTX 285 .

If i install them HI-Speed looks like this :

shot0003g.jpg

or Like this

shot0004ya.jpg

@spitter: You dont have S3 activated.

Console -> Type Preferences -> Renderer -> Direct 3D 9 -> set UseS3 or S3 on active -> restart UT

where's the problem? :confused:

i tried to do it like

Nice new textures

the client side fix never seemed to work for me

so heres how i got around it

copy the textures folder with the original textures (non Hi-res) and call it textures-lores (Thats it for this folder)

now put the Hi-res textures into textures folder

next go to system folder and rename UnrealTournament.exe to UnrealTournament1.exe

make a copy of UnrealTournament.ini and rename that one UnrealTournament1.ini

and edit the line highlighted in screenie in UnrealTournament.ini

I made a ut.exe with a different icon for hires which is attached below

then made a folder on desktop with shortcuts to ut inis, exe's, etc

customised folder with the green icon

and done if server dont support hires i start with ut1.exe with old icon if they do then the green icon

hope that helps you and other peeps

and it just dosent work lol :(

Just make a copy of your current texture folder. Call this copy Textures_lowres.
And then copy all the downloaded textures from the zip-files just into the textures folder.

Activate S3 in UT preferences and it's working. Not that hard, innit