pictures pictures pictures

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

o6lzBqg.jpg

Smant and I just spent the better part of an hour talking to an EPIC community manager and game devs for the Unreal Engine 4. Trying to convince these lovely people to make a new UT... with the UT99 gameplay or something similar. She was surprised to hear that the community was still going and that for example only a few years ago I hosted a 24 man tournament in this game with cash prizes. She said if we organised something big she would like to know and might get EPIC involved in some way... (and this is no seas sponsorship delusion)
SHIT
JUST
GOT
UNREALED

Last edited:
OTOH gamespy are shutting down their master server at some point, which will hinder new players from playing. There are some alternative servers coming online, but they won't be in ut.ini by default.

Also, wtf is this 'pictures'?

Smant and I talked for a long time with some people from EPIC games during PAX East and the talk was really positive and left me hopeful and perhaps even inspired. I'll leave it at that for now.

Last edited:
OTOH gamespy are shutting down their master server at some point, which will hinder new players from playing. There are some alternative servers coming online, but they won't be in ut.ini by default.

Talked with a dude from EPIC today who said he thought EPIC worked something out, but he wasn't entirely sure because he's on the business end of UE4, which is their primary focus right now. Also demo'd UE4 and made a small lil map with them, it is easy to use, beautiful in every way and so much more.

Actually, I think UT goes to Epic's preferred list, before resorting to using the INI values, so everything will just fall back to Epic's master servers anyway.