Orange Instagib Assault - Player count

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Player count for Orange Instagib Assault?

• 4v4

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • 5v5

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Psychotic

OFF/GONE/IDLE/AWAY/NA/DND/AFK/BUSY!!!!!
Feb 26, 2002
Spain
4vs4 is the current format for iAS League Matches but it could be a bit short for public games.

5vs5 means more opportunity to have a game and helps to keep the server alive, but it could be spammy on some maps.

Vote :)

I'm with Ajax. I'm not sure 5v5 is a good idea on the Orange server. I'm not sure what hardware its running on, or if its routing has been moved about, but its well spikey for me right now.

Every few minutes it spikes up from about ~60 or so to ~170 or so.

I've noticed others complaining about this too. Adding more players will only make the problem worse.

A better idea for more servers would be if people actually used the digifrag one, or if the league servers could be weighted a bit more towards insta when in public mode. At the moment, nine times out of ten they seem to default to StdAS when in public mode.

And on the subject of servers, any news when 1&2 are coming back, or are they basically gone for good now?

If more ppl used Digifrag there would be no need for the league servers to be weighted in any direction :shout:

It's a bit of a catch 22 at present, if you hang around on digi for 5 mins you suddenly end up with a packed server, but no-one seems willing to spend those 5 mins fragging a "godlike" bot :rolleyes:

Anyway, with the way the contributions are going at present the league may soon be losing Server 6 too :\

deffo 4vs4, for all the reasons mentioned above: league matches r 4vs4, digi is empty most of the time, spam, ping/pl(even 4vs4 is bit much for it imo :rolleyes: )

i voted 4v4s, cus if ur playing good oponents its hard enuf 4v4 woteva map ur playing, so 5on5 is alot harder, and means 2 extra plp on server = more lag, more spam.

so 4v4 :p

:lol: Timo

Missing another option on the poll "I don't want to play RocketCommand nor Arrival on orange" :p:

And yes I'm sexy :cool:

Spirit said:
Anyway, with the way the contributions are going at present the league may soon be losing Server 6 too :\

Aye, massive stampede to book insta matches on the server coz of its great pings, but all those scaffy bastards too stingy to put hand in pocket and get a few coins out to contribute. :lame:

Contributers list still standing at 3 (including you) Dave?

My guess is yes :\

It's not being much used on public mode, true, and it was initially the main purpose for the server.
If there are problems with the server like:
ViPah said:
4vs4, digi is empty most of the time, spam, ping/pl
I wonder why they were not mentioned before... something could be done.

I always thought that ppl needed a Jolt or Orange tag to find a server on their browsers.

Aye contribution list is 3 Thur...

And as Psy says, people must need an orange or jolt logo in order to be able to find a server :rolleyes:

Oh well, will be interesting to see how the remaining 3 league servers cope with all the bookings if 6 has to go too :\

Psychotic said:
I always thought that ppl needed a Jolt or Orange tag to find a server on their browsers.

There's a thing that lets you find servers?? :uhh: There are other servers than Orange.net out there? :wow:

Man; i just press a key, and automatically get connected to Orange League Maps :p:

Links like those on my sig but on your desktop :lol:

Freak :rolleyes:

@Thur,Spirit:
League is still growing. We have 6 divisions on Std now, 2 on ProAS, 2 on iAS.
Servers 1 & 2 are down for more than 2 months now.. uncertainty when they will be back (if they ever do)...
3 servers only can't cope with all the leagues :\

Digi server is carrying on nearly the whole insta league on its own.

Something needs to be done... otherwise you'd rather get used to play on private servers more often, or @ odd times like 16:00 or 22:00.
Closing ias/proas leagues is definitely the last extreme option we are not going to do unless we are really forced to.

So.. cmon insta lovers contribute :deal:

And add Digi server to your favs, or a link on your desktop like Timo :lol:
You can check the server status (if public or not, players in, current map running, remaining time, etc) from the servers page.