Orange Instagib Assault - Mapcycle Poll #2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Which maps would you like to play on Orange Assault Instagib Server?

• GekokujouAL][

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Research

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • SaqqaraSE

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • SnowDunes

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Vampire

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Psychotic

OFF/GONE/IDLE/AWAY/NA/DND/AFK/BUSY!!!!!
Feb 26, 2002
Spain
Due to VBulletin limitations, Poll's can't have more than 20 options :\
I had to make another one with non-league maps, testing and customs maps.
This poll is in addition to the previous one. Results will be counted all togheter. You can vote on both polls.

Starting today, poll will be closed on Friday 13th @ 19:00 GMT.

Originally posted by fbs
where the Poll for NONE
You mean that you don't want any map on the server? :lol:

j/k, If you don't like any of these customs just vote on Poll #1 but don't vote on this one :)

Psy wouldnt let me edit his poll to say "remove the mod and change the server to stdAS only"
:teehee:

And before I get torrents of abuse, this was a joke :p:

Originally posted by Mughi
Psy wouldnt let me edit his poll to say "remove the mod and change the server to stdAS only"

BIASED ADMIN!!! GET RID OF HER NOW!!! CHEAT AIMBOT MERC TACTIC STEALIN WALL HACK BRIGHTNESS TWEAK BEHINDVIEW CENTREVIEW GRABBIN LLAMA!!

:rolleyes:

/me runs

That research and snowdunes were kinda nice, I also played realassault , sortoff like the RTCW normany landing map very nice aswell

Vampire rox for ias.I have pld a lot of times 1v1 and 2v2 with some auters in digi and its a really nice map for ias

Just my tuppence ha'penny, but here's my opinion on some of those maps:

Snowdunes - a nice map in standard, but it will be an absolute bastard for insta. There's no easy insta launches you can do, or none that the defenders could not easily stop. That, coupled with that low-grav tower bit means this map is going to be held for the full time every time by the defenders if their team is even halfway decent.

Research - this is Humphro's map, isn't it? I've been playing this for the past few days on Orange league maps, and the final part is even spammier than Astheno & Guardia in Std mode. Insta - I dunno. Jury's out for me on this one.

Gekokoju - the lack of decent insta launches is going to make this map pretty damn tedious to attack as well on insta. Too many choke points, or the attackers have to take long round about routes where they are way too vulnerable to defenders. My opinion - this map would be shite for insta.

Vampire - not played it enough for a solid opinion.

Saqqara - I can see the final part being a bastard to attack because of the defenders "Waterfall" teleport. Other than that, its fine I guess.

Research: I actually think this would make an excellent ias map....much better than for std weapons atm 8\

Saqqara: /me agrees with thur

Snowdunes: the problem is that if you kill someone when ur like half way in the tower, the defender can just take the teleporter to tower, and has another 2/3 goes to kill ya =/

Geko: would be a better map with more launching possibilities.

Vampire: Seems like a decent ias map, would love to play it 4v4 sometime :rolleyes:

Snowdunes - Final version have boots for the low grav part, should make possible a launch to top, or to climb the tower faster. 1 single jump without boosting reaches top.

Reseach - yes, humphro's map. Final part wouldn't be spammy on insta. Attack spawn point is not far.

GekokujouAL][ - Take a look at this movie with launches for insta: Geko_iAS-Launches_xvid.zip , posted on this thread.