Odd problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Paa`

Don't Fear The Reaper!
Apr 2, 2002
UK
When sniping if someone fire's rockets or shock primary at me my fps instantly go to 5-10 i have no idea why when not zoomed my fps are fine anyone know why ?

and maybe some tweak for shock/rocket smoke to make it less system intensive maybe ??

the only moment i can see what ur talking about is on the car1 roof,u zoom acid tank,and atakers shoot primary shock,then i got weird fps/slow motion crap :P
dunno if it solvable tho...

set ut_ringexplosion bhidden 1
set ut_ringexplosion3 bhidden 1
set ut_ringexplosion5 bhidden 1
set ut_ringexplosion4 bhidden 1
set ut_comboring skin Texture2
set ShockExplo texture UTFlare5
set ShockExplo Drawscale .75
set ShockExplo Lifespan .2
set ShockrifleWave bHidden 1
set shockbeam drawscale .1

this 1 is @ the primary shock:D i think

this is quite known in insta.
1) some time ago people used fov to zoom and got slowdowns
2) some server have zoom gib

might be wanted to prevent the first issue. but i doubt it.the beam as the smoke are sprites afaik, and i know theres a fix to turn sprite animatios into a single texture (well known with translocator animation and combo animation) but i cba to look for it :P just adapt the method for the shock beam and smoke puff meshes.

think its got something to do with the shock beam rotation - if u disable it i dont think its as bad, altho i cba to test it right now

set shockbeam drawtype DT_spriteanimonce
looks a bit less volumetric but causes absolutely no fps drops nto even at fov=1

also works for rocketsmoke but ive forogot the name of the rocket smoke trail

might be smething like
set smoketrail drawtype DT_spriteanimonce