O-MG - preview

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

'//3iRd(o)

Administrator
Sep 19, 2001
Dorset, UK

Spawned from the original ideas of Muttley (here), the project was taken over in early 2004 from some of the earlier builds which were still available.

One year and 5 alpha builds later, the project hit a stand-still, until April 2008 when Che (Snuggs) revived the concept builds and collaboration work started.

Throughout May, June, July and August of 2008, approximately 340 builds of the map were made, and it was finally in November 2008 where the project hit a stand-still once more.

In September 2009, build number 350 was born after much discussions about possibly getting this finished by the end of the year, and in the months following, the finishing touches and custom actors were tweaked.

Better late than never, we can finally present a public preview of O-MG.

http://downloads.utassault.net/?d=Maps/Assault_PUG/&f=AS-O-MG_preview.zip

Last edited:
Wow. Very nice video, and the map looks amazing, a lot of effort put into it I can imagine, can't wait to try it tbh.

Well done to those who were involved :thumb:

che showed me the map once, was pretty cool but not finished at that time. Looking forward to it ;)
btw whats the name of the music?

wow ... so it's finally finished ... lol.

Nice video. I have no bloody idea which version we have tested but gj guys!

Well, not really finished, but more in a state where I'm happy for it to be playtested publicly ;)

Anyway, here's some things which will need to be looked at for next version:-
  1. Opening up Shield Control objective - without team work and advanced planning, this will be a tough objective to get.
  2. Base shield lasers becoming deathly.
  3. Laser canons not liking !teams
  4. Misc HOMs.
Will continue to add to the list as bits are discussed.

:lol: we've tested this map so many times over the years. I'm really pleased it's going to see the light of day.
I cannot start to understand how many hours have gone into getting this far but a hearty congratz to all contributors.

Nice vid btw.....720P worked perfectly :)

The map itself is amazing but requires a lot of teamplay to be played right + lots of knowledge, unfortunately like me and che already discussed, I don't see it succeeding in pugs since most ppl just can't welcome innovation and instead play the same 10 maps over and over again for years, then claim uta is dying :rolleyes:.

Would love to see this map for a few months in the server bookings, see how peeps will like it when they're forced to actually know what the hell they're doing.

Map has potential tbh! Like I said, the defenders doors sometimes won't open, worth looking into ^^ (easly fixed i guess)

SnowdunesAL and New Asteno should be in the maplist ffs!!