New UTDC on servers...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

nice,
we have today again an match on server 2 and 2 people from us cant play there :shake:

Then shouldn't you be posting a request to move to server #3 (same host, same machine) instead?

I've made my personal opinions clear on this... There's little to no advantage of installing an x64 operating system (at least a Windows x64 operating system).

Brajan thats all well and good and yes maybe team should test the server prior to joining it, but now pdm had 2 seperate issues on the server both resulting in 4v5 or 4v6 for periods of the match. So some teams have to sacrifice a loss because you want to test some new software that you already know has problems with Norton (a very popular Anti-Virus).

I understand you Torp but fix for norton has been posted and 64bit issue wasn't known for us before it's been reported here by UTA members. We're trying to report all those issues to UTDC developer and give him as much feedback as possible to make next version(s) better. As timo said ... until it's fixed please avoid playing on server 2 OR if there is MyM, Timo or me online request UTDC scanning feature to be disabled ... yes it's possible to turn it off anytime without restarting server/match. Just be aware that with UTDC disabled there will be no protection against hooks so it's your risk.

Last edited:
Yeah, thats fine. Testing new software is obviously required. Pity we couldn't have a rematch of some kind as I think thats part of the reason why Pdm have now left.

1 other thing. I had trouble in the first match. I don;t use Norton AV but still had issues. I also didn't install the latest thing, I pressed "Download" by accident which closed UT. I rebooted UT and it worked without installing. Everyone else in Pdm who had the issues (Bossk, Akora, Len, and 1 more who I forget) all pressed install which then refused to do so with Norton doing something.

I think Bossk sorted it together with Timo? I remember some bits from his thread in DOG forums about it and Timo mentioning Meteor having same issue ... but i really don't know what was the cause and fix. Maybe Timo could put some light on it?!

Ive never sorted it, Timo asked for some more detailed info which I havent given to him yet.
I just tried lot of things and I installed everything 3/4 times without sucess.

:rofl:

Serously, it's pretty flipping obvious that no one really read that shitty thread about Norton vs 2.0 and 90% of the people who may have read it didn't realize it was 2.0"b"