New Router?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

free^

- B-Boy -
Jun 27, 2001
Germany
Yo, since like 4 days I can't really log into my router (192.168.1.3) settings, neither can I connect with it. I got A-DSL and can connect via modem only without any problems, so it either might be the router which is broken or I made a mistake at connecting it with my comp and the modem. Btw got this issue since I pushed the reset-button of the router, so there might be a software error now or something. Maybe there is another way to get into the router settings?

I don't have any clues about routers and wud like to know if wireless LAN routers are still fucked up (i.e. disconnects from time to time) like in the past cos I cba with those wires anymore anyways. If it's still shit tho, I'd stay at wire-router and just buy another one.

Thanks in advance

Connect your router to the pc, go to MS DOS box, and typ in ipconfig /all
The gateway should say the router IP, maybe it changed because you reset it.

the default IP of routers are mostly 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1

Try to ping them. If you reach one, then enter the remote gui by typing that iP into your web browser.
Also consider that you've to have the same IP range and subnet mask on the client when you wanna try to connect to the router.

If everything fails i can sell you my old but working DSL- WLAN router (Linksys WRT54G) for 15 euros.

WLAN routers are working perfectly nowadays. Ofc it depends where you live. When you've 5 Wireless networks in your neighbourhood all broadcasting on the same channel, then you'll get problems when you use the same channel too.
Therefore you can choose between 13 channels.

Last edited:
Pretty much what the guys have said:

In case the DHCP has stoppped working on the router, give your PC a static IP address 192.168.1.5 subnet 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.3

Can you now access the router?

If not do a factory reset on the router. Normally hold in the reset button for 30 seconds (varies for different makes)

I can connect to router now, thing is I put in my PPOE settings and my router page says that I'm connected, but I don't see my modems LED blinking while trying to load pages, so there still must be some issue between the router and the modem...

Any advice?

k problem solved, there was something wrong with my network card, thoguth i alrdy reinstalled it, did it the 2nd time now, and it works again...
was just finding out that my sys cud connect to the internet, so it must have been something wrong with my comp.

thx for ur help tho!