New Computer(?)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

7900GT were sold out about 2 weeks ago.
All shops have reordered them afaik.
In Germany new shipments arrive this week ..

But if you dont want to wait, you should compare 7600GT to 7800 GT in some benchmarks.

I heard the 7600 GT wasnt so much slower than the 7800 GT but 80€ cheaper

ill look for some benchmarks

this benchmark includes all the cars which are interesting:
http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/2006/test_geforce_7600_gt_7900_gt_7900_gtx/12/#abschnitt_synthetische_benchmarks

It also has Price/Performace Rating at the end.

Useful if you are going to compare 7600gt,7800gt,7900gt and ATI alternatives.

In a lot of game benchmarks the 7800GT is closer to the 7600 than to the 7900.

Last edited:
Hm, after seeing those benchmarks I think I'm in favor of the "ATi Radeon X1800 XT" (270e) compared to the "nVidia GeForce 7800 GT" (285e). Smart move... right?

edit: in some cases the X1800 XT even outperforms the 7900...

Last edited:
looks 1337 lex ! :thumb:

btw, to all the 64-bit haters there :P I use 64-bit xp, never been stable more, run fine without virus scanner (oops), also cant wait vista is out.

Ok, certain programs cant run, but there is always an alternative. Ok nowadays dual processors are hot instead of 64-bit, just have to see how vista will do.

I think this will be it:

AMD 939 3700+ SanDiego 1024
Ati radeon x1800 xt
Asus A8N-E nForce 4 ultra
Sata-2 250gigs maxtor 7200rpm-16mb
2x1024MB Corsair ram
NEC DVD RW 16x/16x multiformat duallayer
DVD Drive IDE liteon 16x/48x
Floppy Drive
Data Display Case
Make computer extra silent (25e)

but which PSU:
LC-Power 420W atx sata 12cm (i think LC6420) -> 23e
LC-Power 550W 12cm (LC6550H) -> 25e

You said go with 450W.... well, now its either 420W or 550W. Is 420W enough? Isnt 550W an overkill? (power/noise/energy bill)

Total price €1050.

Last edited:
imo the PSU is an important pc system part. More power is better, so you've enough reserve when you upgrade.
i've a 550 W PSU myself (with 2 fans) and it runs silent, even more silent than my old 400W single fan PSU.
So more W doesn't mean more noise. If you can get a decent one, i would take the 550W thingy

Last edited:
well your power bill is determined by your PSU but your components ;)
having a 3252435 W PSU doesnt mean it draws that much power..
the wattage of a PSU merely is a measure for how high a amperage it can supply steady voltages to the board. (afaik)

1A * 1V = 1W

... And a decent 400W PSU will outperform a cheapy 550W PSU with regards to stability.

Having lots of Watts doesn't necessarily mean your system will be more stable; try and aim for tier 1 or 2 manufacturers when choosing a PSU (1: Emacs, Fortron, Sparkle; 2: Antec, Enermax, Seasonic, Tagan, Vantec)

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]... And a decent 400W PSU will outperform a cheapy 550W PSU with regards to stability.

Having lots of Watts doesn't necessarily mean your system will be more stable; try and aim for tier 1 or 2 manufacturers when choosing a PSU (1: Emacs, Fortron, Sparkle; 2: Antec, Enermax, Seasonic, Tagan, Vantec)[/QUOTE]

:nod:
Spend a little more and get a good quality PSU :)

Gazzy said:
Ye, i have a Tagan PSU, good build quality and really quiet, not cheap tho ;)
yep they are damn expensive but i think its worthy.
Appart from psu (if its good) will survive some sys updates so u can spend some money on them and ull have it during some years

u always can change the heatsink but well if dont want do it its another aspect that can be count