Need a Xhair

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
I need this Xhair from ut2k4 for ut99, but i dont knw how to convert it.

can some1 make it for me plz?! i included the texture and the exported file from the texture, its the circle crosshair for minigun

Attachments

• crosshair.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 47
well i dont know about converting them directly, i guess there is an easy way to do it but its beyond me.

However, I can photoshop pretty well ;). I guess if u know how to extract textures then u know how to install new crosshairs, but anyway ...

Add XBhair.utx to ur texture folder then edit these lines in ur user.ini

CrosshairCount=(X + 1)
CrossHairs[X]=xbhair.xb

where X is the first empty crosshair number.

If you want anything different such as width of circle, dot or gaps changed just pm me.

Dunc

Attachments

• XBhair.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 32
you mean smaller circle outside the dot or smaller dot? either way yeh ill do you one, how big in comparison to that one? like half the size?

theres a smaller one called xbhair.xb2

Attachments

• XBhair2.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 26
its wierd tho, the dot is in the centre of the texture but when u fire a shock ball and try to hit it at distance you need to aim the dot slightly above?!? bug? anyway, you can try them, if it annoys you ill fix it.

ok there is the small one fixed. xbhairmod.xb2

Attachments

• XBhairmod.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
is there anyway to lower the central point of the whole thing, if u look at picture theres like 2 pixels missing at the bottom where possible hits can be made, just being picky, but would be nice to get the actual central point. thats a pic with full clip 999 mini ammo

Attachments

• mgun.jpg
    mgun.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 117
try that for the bigger one. its called xbhair.xbmod btw

Attachments

• XBhair-mod.zip
    3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
thx joko.. but could you narrow the circle a bit.. it looks so thick atm...

and btw, i can't use the big one anymore?

i got xbhair.utx n xbhairmod.utx in my Textures map.. this is my user.ini part

CrosshairCount=11
CrossHairs[0]=Botpack.CHair1
CrossHairs[1]=Botpack.CHair2
CrossHairs[2]=Botpack.CHair3
CrossHairs[3]=Botpack.CHair4
CrossHairs[4]=Botpack.CHair5
CrossHairs[5]=Botpack.CHair6
CrossHairs[6]=Botpack.CHair7
CrossHairs[7]=Botpack.CHair8
CrossHairs[8]=Botpack.CHair9
CrossHairs[9]=xbhair.xb2
CrossHairs[10]=xbhairmod.xb2

but when i look in UT itself it's just showing an empty box like there's no texture :x
it's the xbhair mod i guess... because it's the last in line that's the empty box :o

haha yes cos there is no texture, ill fix it tomorrow, off out soon.

its wierd tho, the dot is in the centre of the texture but when u fire a shock ball and try to hit it at distance you need to aim the dot slightly above?!? bug? anyway, you can try them, if it annoys you ill fix it.

ok there is the small one fixed. xbhairmod.xb2
yeah that's a bug in UT (as far as I remember anyway), had that problem with my crosshair-pack some years ago already. you either acknowledge the problem and aim accordingly or you adjust the location of the dot in your initial file.