Missmatch Assault and UTPure - HELP!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hunty

Dec 11, 2005
Hey,
well, i guess you already know that problem. I used to be a CTF player, and whenever i go playing on a Assault Server, after several minutes my screen zooms like 100x bigger and i can't see anything, neither on CTF,DM,etc. servers....so I'm unable to play. As I found out that it is probably because of UTPure or whatever, that there is a missmatch between this and the Assault things, I wonder if theres anything I can do to prevent that problem when I want to play Assault and CTF. Is there a program that allows me to play CTF, DM, Assault, etc... without having such problem any longer? It really sucks, I can't play Assault cause every time I do it that fu***ng problem appears. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THAT? please answer...

hunty*

I think this is meant from a client player pov

Only problem with zoom I know is with the 451 patch. There should be no problem with the 436 version. Never heard about some relation with utpure so far....

are you running a 451 client?

Just n case it helps, open ur UnrealTournament.ini file in notepad (can be found in UT\system folder) and check these variables before/after joining a LAS server:
DesiredFOV=90.000000
DefaultFOV=90.000000

These are the default values, sometimes they get altered by some MODs.

yeah i am running version 451, the latest version out for ut classic. Is that not good? Shall I better just install the GOTY Edition which is already version 436 and leave it like that?